Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Maximum point blank range and sighting in at particular distances...

I recall hearing somewhere is hardly fact. On the other hand in basic training close to 30% of new recruits needed assistance to qualify with an M-16.
I worked at the firing range at Sembach AFB, Germany for awhile, back in the 1960's. Tell ya what, a lot more military people suck shooting than you can imagine, it ain't just basic trainees! Not only can they not shoot but they are an accident waiting to happen. I have no idea how the Army and Marine core handle shooting, hopefully not like the Air Force!

Have to tell a story that happened in my home unit. I was the NCOIC of small arms there and when I tool it over I had everyone in the unit assigned to a weapon, we had M1 carbines. Once a month they had to come and check out their gun and clean it, even if not fired. Had one guy bring his gun back first time out completely wrapped in plastic sheeting and all the seam's taped shut! He was really upset when I took it all off and he got a memo to visit the site commander about it. Now, I just wonder how many people on gun sites have any idea what wrong with wrapping up metal like that?

Last edited:
I recall hearing somewhere is hardly fact. On the other hand in basic training close to 30% of new recruits needed assistance to qualify with an M-16.
Yeah, lots of soldiers just like lots of hunters really suck at shooting. What is the requirement to sight in current AR platform service rifles, something like 8 out of 10 shots in a 6 MOA group to be adequate precision to zero? I'd hardly use that as a good basis for how things should be.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yvk253
Back