MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wakesurfing article - Good to see some headway on this

Vermont has a 200’ no wake rule. That’s 200’ from any other boat (anchored, drifting or in motion) or shoreline. Using a laser range finder and tucking in behind a bridge or large boat was a great enforcement technique. Just show the judge the range finder… yup - guilty !!
Vermont is much stricter than that now. 500 feet from shore, at least 20 feet deep, and a minimum of 50 contiguous acres in a lake that satisfies these requirements. They are also working on implementing a home lake rule to reduce the spread of invasive species. I’d imagine other states will follow Vermont’s example in the near future.

https://dec.vermont.gov/press-relea...As of April 15, 2024,over 500 feet from shore.

Vermont is much stricter than that now. 500 feet from shore, at least 20 feet deep, and a minimum of 50 contiguous acres in a lake that satisfies these requirements. They are also working on implementing a home lake rule to reduce the spread of invasive species. I’d imagine other states will follow Vermont’s example in the near future.
Larger lakes like Lake Champlain, and Magog are exempt from the new rules.
https://dec.vermont.gov/press-relea...As of April 15, 2024,over 500 feet from shore.

https://dec.vermont.gov/press-release/vermonts-new-wakeboat-rule-goes-effect-2024-boating-season#:~:text=As of April 15, 2024,over 500 feet from shore.

I hadn't thought of the invasives. If those boats have ballast tanks, how do you make sure they're properly cleaned, drained & dried?

I hadn't thought of the invasives. If those boats have ballast tanks, how do you make sure they're properly cleaned, drained & dried?
It's much more difficult than something like a livewell which is why a home lake rule is being pushed along with professional decontamination when moving between lakes. I'd suspect most wake boats never leave their home lake so it should not be a particularly controversial measure.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor... invasive species in the boat's ballast tanks.

They don't... The chances of them actually being cleaned and dried is almost 0. You can see the ones who don't drain their tanks when they pull the boat out.

I think wake surfing is good.
once my credit score gets about 700, my bank says they will give me favorable terms for 240 months towards an entry level mastercraft.
I will use it mostly for skiing and wakeboarding.

I think wake surfing is good.
once my credit score gets about 700, my bank says they will give me favorable terms for 240 months towards an entry level mastercraft.
I will use it mostly for skiing and wakeboarding.

^^ That's something I expect most people who own want to own wake surfing boats say... "Once my credit hits 700"

^^ That's something I expect most people who own want to own wake surfing boats say... "Once my credit hits 700"
imagine a 16" roller crashing over the side of rj and his god grandfather @BuzzH 's canoe at 8:30am while kids rocks all summer long plays loudly over jl audio tower speakers capsizing their vessel and entangling them in their lines in their earth tone clothing.

Seems quite accurate! HAHAHA A little humor for y'all:

@Dsnow9 this is 100% what I was imagining, but rj and buzz are in a canoe and right before the wake boat goes by buzz is like "and I told em, I've done more for conservation in 15 minutes than you've done in 15 years" rj nods his head and the wake just totally launches their canoe out of the water like a 9mm round blowing the lungs out of the body.

Is that what Erik told you in a podcast?
master crafts are good boats.
they have few moving parts to inflate the water bladders and only 3 digital display screen that will not malfunction during the duration of the 240 month loan.
they are built very heartily and can be stored outside year round with little worry.

Back