Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wakesurfing article - Good to see some headway on this

In a stolen moment, under twilight's gleam,
Shelby and Erik drift as in a dream.
Their boat whispers secrets on forbidden waters,
Where love's reflection dances, as time falters.

Hand in hand, hearts beat a daring tune,
As they paddle through the hush of the moon.
Trespassing boundaries, yet bound by desire,
Their spirits entwine, a passionate fire.

Stars above witness their clandestine affair,
As they navigate currents, without a care.
Whispers of adventure in every stroke,
Their love's journey blossoms, never to revoke.

In this stolen haven, they find their own shore,
Where love's embrace is what they adore.
Forbidden but free, their hearts entwine,
Shelby and Erik, in this moment divine.

celine Dions my heart will go on is blasting full volume, rj and buzz are both holding onto a yeti cooler that's floating in the wreckage of their canoe.
there's ice sickles hanging off of their faces even though its July.
"promise me you'll never stop arguing rj"
"I promise ill never stop arguing buzz!"
buzz lets go and slips under 18" of water less than 100 yards from shore.

I’m not easily creeped out, but this shits gettin weird.
Vermont is much stricter than that now. 500 feet from shore, at least 20 feet deep, and a minimum of 50 contiguous acres in a lake that satisfies these requirements. They are also working on implementing a home lake rule to reduce the spread of invasive species. I’d imagine other states will follow Vermont’s example in the near future.

https://dec.vermont.gov/press-release/vermonts-new-wakeboat-rule-goes-effect-2024-boating-season#:~:text=As of April 15, 2024,over 500 feet from shore.
These rules would pretty much negate wake surfing here in Iowa.

Can you tell us more about the home lake rule? Does that mean you can only use one body of water?

I’m not easily creeped out, but this shits gettin weird.

These rules would pretty much negate wake surfing here in Iowa.

Can you tell us more about the home lake rule? Does that mean you can only use one body of water?
It's not been finalized but in the link below it appears the idea is to declare a home lake for each calendar year. A decal will be used to indicate your home lake.

Also in the same link are lake maps that highlight the areas where wakesurfing is permitted.

Vermont's rules do make it impossible to wakesurf on many smaller lakes although there are still a handful of lakes less than 300 acres where wakesurfing is allowed.

https://dec.vermont.gov/watershed/lakes-ponds/vermont-use-public-waters-rules/wakeboats#Home Lake Rule

I spend 5-6 days a week on the water... here's my observations.

No one likes wakesurfers other than wakesurfers.

They're creating 3-4ft waves that are not only incredibly annoying, but also dangerous to those in smaller watercraft, kayaks, or paddleboards. My first boat was a 12 ft duck boat that I rowed around at 10 years old. It wouldn't be safe to be out there these days with those boats.

They're destroying shallow weed flats. Lakes that usually have big cabbage weed flats in 6-10ft of water are getting absolutely abused by these huge waves that are consistently pulling weeds out of the bottom creating lots of floating weeds.

The waves are eating up shorelines. Especially on narrow lakes or rivers. With this, they're wrecking docks.

Half of these boats feel the need to play their music (usually shitty) at levels that are so high, you can hear it from 400 yards away on a calm day.

They suck, and I hope they get banned or limited to the point where most people get rid of them. Wakeboarding, tubing, skiing, and other things like that are just fine. They throw small wakes like any boat does. They're within reason.

Buddy’s family has lived on a western MT lake for 40 years. In the last 5 they have lost 15 feet off the peninsula on their shoreline in the lake. They had lost essentially none the previous 35, and are certain its the wake boats.Really dry and arid shore. Not scientific I know but I believe em.

Buddy’s family has lived on a western MT lake for 40 years. In the last 5 they have lost 15 feet off the peninsula on their shoreline in the lake. They had lost essentially none the previous 35, and are certain its the wake boats.Really dry and arid shore. Not scientific I know but I believe em.
I believe it. The guy I work for has two of them. Seen them in action. Not surprising they cause problems. mtmuley

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boomer Benji
Back