Wakesurfing article - Good to see some headway on this

I'll never go to Seeley in the summer again. Hate those f-ing boats. Water quality was a turbulent mess. Far as I can gather most of the people who have those boats are d-bags.
There, I said it.😏
Yup privileged d-bags. I live in Seeley and we refuse to go on the lake during the weekend. We put the pontoon in during the week in the afternoon and it's tolerable but not great. The summer tourmite migration has started. It's getting worse each week. Can't wait for the first snow this fall.

I guess what gets my goat is people who want to be amidst the natural splendor that Montana offers, but then go ripping about trashing the very thing that brought them in the first place. All while having a general f-you attitude towards others.
I know a guy who adamantly frowns upon fishing claiming it is cruel, but doesn't think twice about his wake boat. Fairly well-to-do, and a stoner. 🤣
Guess he wokes while he wakes, if that is possible.😉
This is hilarious. The wakeboard dude frowns on the fisherman for cruelty to a resource (the fish) and the fisherman frowns back at the wakeboard dude for his cruelty to a resource (the lake). So like our politics, everyone retreats to the fringes with like minded people to lob insults and metaphorically shoot one-another in the friggin head with potato guns.

Would it not be wiser and more productive to find common ground and common sense approaches to reduce/eliminate the problem? I for one absolutely believe lake restrictions are fair for my privileged wake boat and would be happy to follow common sense rules that protect our resources while acknowledging my rights to recreate on public water.

Or maybe we just really like the conflict and disparaging others for how they use their time and resources? If so, let’s expand the conflict to backpackers vs. folks who “camp” in 5th wheels; rifle hunters vs bow hunters; compound bow vs trad; mechanical vs finger release; .300 Ultra Mag vs every other hunting caliber known to man; privileged vs non-privileged (I really love this woke bs)…..oh wait, this is already happening here. Damn.

BTW, I love the visual of Hunt Talk Man shooting a potato gun while screaming obscenities on genital size and privilege status!

This is hilarious. The wakeboard dude frowns on the fisherman for cruelty to a resource (the fish) and the fisherman frowns back at the wakeboard dude for his cruelty to a resource (the lake). So like our politics, everyone retreats to the fringes with like minded people to lob insults and metaphorically shoot one-another in the friggin head with potato guns.

Would it not be wiser and more productive to find common ground and common sense approaches to reduce/eliminate the problem? I for one absolutely believe lake restrictions are fair for my privileged wake boat and would be happy to follow common sense rules that protect our resources while acknowledging my rights to recreate on public water.

Or maybe we just really like the conflict and disparaging others for how they use their time and resources? If so, let’s expand the conflict to backpackers vs. folks who “camp” in 5th wheels; rifle hunters vs bow hunters; compound bow vs trad; mechanical vs finger release; .300 Ultra Mag vs every other hunting caliber known to man; privileged vs non-privileged (I really love this woke bs)…..oh wait, this is already happening here. Damn.

BTW, I love the visual of Hunt Talk Man shooting a potato gun while screaming obscenities on genital size and privilege status!

1200% this and twice as much on a Tuesday.

People have been conditioned to fight for a dopamine high, rather than sit down and shut up long enough to hear what other people have to say.

Also, if we're honest without ourselves, HTM isn't discriminating against anyone with his potato gun. Or his insults to our bathing suit areas.

Sorry in advance...

I hate your boat.

I fished a league last night (on a small lake) and no matter when or where you go, these damn boats are out there blaring their music and making big ass waves. It's seriously damaging on the small lake & river we were on.
Shouldn’t be on any small lakes or rivers. So no apology needed!

I'm sorry, I'm trying to pay attention to all you serious folks, but @BirdManMike is legit making me laugh over here lol.
🤘

Guys, I kid you not that I am at Seeley Lake right now and thus far I have seen nearly all the boaters - fats, olds, and ‘specials’ in the obnoxiously large and loud trucks (thanks to whomever added this to the list). The only things I’ve yet to see is a boat being towed behind a wheelchair but I’m sure I’ll see one before the weekend is over*.

There was a site available at one of the campgrounds earlier this week so I decided to fish the Blackfoot. Haven’t been over here since pre-covid and did’t feel like playing first come roulette on the sites nearer the river not knowing what traffic is like these days. Caught a few in 2 hours fishing today. See what tomorrow brings 1 might throw a streamer if fishing is slow but hopefully they are looking up.

#dryflyordie

*tongue in cheek in regards to the handicapped and the elderly - cant control these sort be of things so boat proudly.

One thing I really like about this part of the state is that I can fuel up at a Sinclairs. Sinclairs has a dinosaur on the logo which is badass. Screw Town Pump*.

*Town Pump is the only place near me that sells Modelo lime chelada- the beer of summer - so screw them hard but not all the way.

I thought of this thread yesterday evening trying to fish while boats like this were going back and forth. May as well of been fishing the ocean on a high swell day, if those swells also blasted rap music. It was very annoying, im sure it is fun but why dont they have any respect to move further away from fishing boats. I guess its like the guy that parks right in the turn path/ approach for the boat ramp, just easier for them so who the hell cares about anyone else.

I was fishing today. Caught at a 19” and 15” walleye. Plus some others. The playboy boats are outrageous. We have lakes to get away from them. And lakes we don’t. Today was my wife and my’s 12th anniversary. So I went where she wanted to go. I saw as many surf boats as I did tour boats. As a fisherman, they all annoy me. But, it’s cool to see them out on their boats with their family (which most of them were). All trying to enjoy the same place.

Vermont has a 200’ no wake rule. That’s 200’ from any other boat (anchored, drifting or in motion) or shoreline. Using a laser range finder and tucking in behind a bridge or large boat was a great enforcement technique. Just show the judge the range finder… yup - guilty !!

Yeah it's a PITA here! But the good thing is they (and the jet skiers) don't usually roll outta bed until noon! Gotta get up early for the morning bite.
I'm an early-bird glasshole riding a jet ski. Nothing like crusing calm waters and respecting folks while they enjoy their activities, regardless of watercraft type or fishing from the bank.

My back yard is a 100+ mile pool (between dams) on the Ohio River but when I cruise the tributaries, I ride like an old man in a jon boat with a 5 HP 2-smoke, minding my wake.

Quick story - A few years ago on the river, I ran into an early morning fog bank. The fog was so thick I had to drop down to an idle. As it happens, I launched ahead of a bass tournament which were heading my way. I could hear 70+ mph rockets running by with no concern.

I'm glad God was smiling on me that day.

Peace on the water.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boomer Benji
Back