Caribou Gear Tarp

Wakesurfing article - Good to see some headway on this

I think the most unobtrusive and equal resolution would be wake free zones and limited HP. Used to be no combustion engines would exclude the riff raff, but now with electric engines going mainstream that won’t work anymore. If you were in Nebraska then the argument could be made about access for all, but no, you’re Northcoast and these eedjits can afford travel to Lake Michigan.

My office used to be across the parking lot from a busy boat landing. With the window open I could see and hear everything. I’m pretty certain I witnessed the end of a lot of marriages.
No bigger fight happens than when one spouse is directing the other spouse on backing down the ramp to launch or load!

Might be where the phrase " Cluster F**k " was first coined!

Better than the Tyson v Holyfield fight!

Last edited:
No bigger fight happens than when one spouse is directing the other spouse on backing down the ramp to launch or load!

I saw that scenario play out often. It would start with husband ramming the dock as wife is on the bow about to jump to the dock and she about falls in. Husband yells directions from boat as wife backs trailer with 3 or 4 others waiting to load their boat too. After a few f-bombs husband decided he will do it himself and the wife gets the last laugh because husband can’t back a trailer either as she’s walking out of the parking lot.

I saw that scenario play out often. It would start with husband ramming the dock as wife is on the bow about to jump to the dock and she about falls in. Husband yells directions from boat as wife backs trailer with 3 or 4 others waiting to load their boat too. After a few f-bombs husband decided he will do it himself and the wife gets the last laugh because husband can’t back a trailer either as she’s walking out of the parking lot.
Every once in awhile when there's a good looking lady waiting for her husband/boyfriend to back the boat down and can't figure it out, I'll go kick him right in the ego and offer to do it for him. Sometimes they say no, sometimes they say yes. My favorite is when the wife/girlfriend hears me offer, the dude says no, then she starts nagging him to "Just let him do it" "You're embarrassing me".

Better than the Tyson v Holyfield fight!

I got really lucky in this department. My sainted bride stands where I just can't see her at all while offering directions down the ramp.

I think the most unobtrusive and equal resolution would be wake free zones and limited HP.
Sorry, but the idea of limiting boats based off of horsepower is an absurd concept. Boats with 400 Mercs are every bit as capable of driving slow and not creating a wake as a 14' wood jon boat with a 30 year old 5 hp Johnson.
If you're going to enforce something like that, why wouldn't you just enforce no wake laws or speed limits?

Also, if we're going to outlaw anything, it should be outlawing people from owning boats that need a spotter to help them back down the ramp. Use your mirrors.

I feel the problem goes away if you make all lakes less than 300 acres a 10mph max speed limit, 5mph max (I really hate the ambiguous slow no wake) within 300' of shore and 200' of another anchored boat

My buddy and I were launching to go drop some jugs and there was another truck trying to launch. The guy backing the truck up really didn't know what he was doing but his buddy in the boat kept hollering "no, the other way" every single time he turned the wheel, just to mess with him. One of the funniest things I've witnessed.

I have a system that works good with my wife. I put the boat in the water, tie the boat to the dock, then my wife gets out of the truck and waits by the boat while I park the truck. System in reverse when we load up. No words said at all.

Happy wife happy life.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
george84
Back