Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wakesurfing article - Good to see some headway on this

I'm trying to come up with a good analogy to use. Here is what I got so far.

Imagine you are visiting a nearby state park and you are hiking around. You are enjoying your time and you hear the rumble of a sxs in the distance. It is a small negative to you hearing it and it without a doubt likely has decreased some of your chance of seeing wildlife in this area but you are not deterred because you know where to go to get away from it because the sxs is only allowed in a certain area of this park on marked trails. This is what we need to do to ensure everyone can enjoy our bodies of water in this area. Right now, those boats are more like dirt bikes than sxs, following you where ever you go as you hike.

Right now, those boats are more like dirt bikes than sxs, following you where ever you go as you hike.

I think they’re more like driving tractors around on state park trails- not only do they mess with the experience and cause danger at that moment, but they leave quite a bit of damage in their wake even after they are gone.

Hate to be the fun police on stuff like this, but anyone who fishes can quickly see the big problem those plowing waves cause on weed beds, shorelines etc. No bueno.

I bought a wakesurf boat, so I’m on the minority in this thread. What an awesome sport for an old guy like me. Hahaha.
Sorry in advance...

I hate your boat.

I fished a league last night (on a small lake) and no matter when or where you go, these damn boats are out there blaring their music and making big ass waves. It's seriously damaging on the small lake & river we were on.

I guess what gets my goat is people who want to be amidst the natural splendor that Montana offers, but then go ripping about trashing the very thing that brought them in the first place. All while having a general f-you attitude towards others.
I know a guy who adamantly frowns upon fishing claiming it is cruel, but doesn't think twice about his wake boat. Fairly well-to-do, and a stoner. 🤣
Guess he wokes while he wakes, if that is possible.😉

I guess what gets my goat is people who want to be amidst the natural splendor that Montana offers, but then go ripping about trashing the very thing that brought them in the first place. All while having a general f-you attitude towards others.
I know a guy who adamantly frowns upon fishing claiming it is cruel, but doesn't think twice about his wake boat. Fairly well-to-do, and a stoner. 🤣
Guess he wokes while he wakes, if that is possible.😉
I was recently out in Whitefish MT and was enjoying some pretty cool areas around Hungry Horse Reservoir. Such a beautiful area with beautiful views, But there's a few idiots with their wake boats driving around with music blaring just really ruining the beauty of the place.

I was out there early enough in the day that the bums hadn't awoken fully yet.

20240608_122225.jpgImage_1718975973583.jpg

I think they’re more like driving tractors around on state park trails- not only do they mess with the experience and cause danger at that moment, but they leave quite a bit of damage in their wake even after they are gone.

Hate to be the fun police on stuff like this, but anyone who fishes can quickly see the big problem those plowing waves cause on weed beds, shorelines etc. No bueno.

I can let a lot of things slide, but disparaging tractors is not one of them.

Sad.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boomer Benji
Back