Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Vehicle Lemon Law?

Sytes

Anyone experience the setting for a new vehicle that results in multiple visits for warranty work on the same issue(s)?
When / how to file / what is the result, etc?

I have a Ram 2022 Laramie 5.7 Etorque.

Right turn from a stop sign. As I proceed to make the right, the truck's ebrake suddenly engaged and my truck made a brief screech dead stop. Engine off, ebrake engaged.

Off to dealer. Battery dies 10 miles from dealer. AAA tows it to dealer. Dealer gives loaner, called next day, returned to dealer, "too many signals. It has to be the radio"... Are you chitting me??? I shared my concerns of the truck ebraking w/o notice and why I find it challenging to believe the radio is the problem.
"We've reset the radio. The battery held the charge so it's not an alternator. The radio likely stayed on and drained your battery." Explained how would it drain the battery driving 2 hours to their location - it should charge while driving. Everyone's radio is on while driving. "Battery held it's charge. We don't have anything to go with as multiple error codes were given and that's because the battery died."
We (wife and I) go out to truck and turn it on. This appears:

22788.jpeg

Back inside. Show picture to dealer service. "We manually reset the radio. "We'll take another look."
Ten minutes later, "Okay, everything is good now."
Go out to truck again.
Again, turn it on and Presto! 13 minutes later Same chit!
Go back in show the pic again with the new time. "Again?" Service guy says. Yep, again. It's saying Brake System Alert. That's a bit concerning considering the situation that led us to call you and drive down for you to eval/fix.

22814.jpeg

Well, take the loaner truck again. We'll have to look into it again.

This morning, dealer call says truck is ready to p/u.
Back down. "We did a factory reset of your radio. It should be good now."
I'm at work. Wife p/u truck.
Leaving lot (2 hr drive) she took a pic of the dash. Note battery. I would have shown the battery to the service person before leaving though not faulting wife. Difference how we go about life.
22810.jpeg

Arrive at home wife takes another pic of dash. Note battery.
22812.jpeg

Hey though radio doesn't say B"rake System Alert". Side note: nor did it when the ebrake automatically engaged while turning from a stop sign.

Any thoughts how to resolve this? It's concerning to drive a truck that pulled this crap - then to see the alert pop up that indicates a common theme for the reason we brought it in.

Call Ram and request a final repair attempt before pursuing buyback and lemon law. Request that a field rep assists the dealership in the repair.

Depending on the state, the average is 3 repair attempts or 30 days before your eligible for buyback.

Retain all work order invoices you received, you may have to retain an attorney to support the process of either fixing the truck or replacing it under your state laws. It’s cheaper for everyone to fix the truck because you may not get reimbursement for TTL fees and you’d inherit those costs. Again, varies by state law.

PM me if you need specific help. I deal with this daily.

Apparently this ebrake at slow speeds was part of a Ram Etorque/ Jeep recall for 20-21 builds through September. My truck build was November of 2021. They said mine should have been resolved. (Same issue I experienced.
USDOT issued a notice of review as 2022+ have the same issues.

Screenshot_20240726-211024.png

Screenshot_20240726-211126.png

Attachments

• INOA-PE24018-15183.pdf
    95.4 KB · Views: 1
Call Ram and request a final repair attempt before pursuing buyback and lemon law. Request that a field rep assists the dealership in the repair.

Depending on the state, the average is 3 repair attempts or 30 days before your eligible for buyback.

Retain all work order invoices you received, you may have to retain an attorney to support the process of either fixing the truck or replacing it under your state laws. It’s cheaper for everyone to fix the truck because you may not get reimbursement for TTL fees and you’d inherit those costs. Again, varies by state law.

PM me if you need specific help. I deal with this daily.
I'm still under warranty from dealer for another 7,000 miles or 4 - 7 months. Thus far everything they've done, they've stated is warranty covered.

I'll follow up with a PM. Thanks for the offer.

I'm still under warranty from dealer for another 7,000 miles or 4 - 7 months. Thus far everything they've done, they've stated is warranty covered.

I'll follow up with a PM. Thanks for the offer.
That’s good, once you reach 12000 miles or 1 year (whatever comes first) your fight gets significantly more difficult. I’d make that phone call to Ram Monday morning and don’t let off the throttle (no pun intended) until you get what you’re looking for.

Back