PEAX Equipment

Gun cases are cool and so is gun etiquette!

I shoot by myself on public land locations I can't disclose. This is based upon the fervor of shooters on the state ground next to the landfill in Logan.

Townsends pretty low key

You get your hands on a set of vector x yet?

Townsend is a pretty decent range environment. I’m spoiled for the time being, shot with my daughter for 3 hours this afternoon with zero company and I prefer the range itself, not to mention it’s WAY closer for me.

Vector X’s are very interesting to me, I am looking forward to checking a pair out but it hasn’t happened yet. I like my Revic’s a lot, but they still aren’t exactly alpha level glass. The laser and software on them is great, and the glass is decent just not amazing.

I shoot by myself on public land locations I can't disclose. This is based upon the fervor of shooters on the state ground next to the landfill in Logan.

Good call, I can only imagine what it’s like to share that postage stamp.

Reactions: Hem
My daughters and I pulled truckloads of trash out of Logan when we lived in Belgrade and three forks. 10 years ago I would put 4 t posts, 4 sections of chain a 8” and 10” piece of steel and hike out to various distances, shoot em, then go back and get em. Nobody there on weekdays. Shot a decent 6 point bull there one thanksgiving afternoon.

Open carry is legal in a few states around here...see folks open carrying ARs all the time walking down the st.
This is Montana, constitutional concealed carry without a permit. I stay away from circuses though cause I’m scared of clowns. And I own a whole lot of black guns with all sorts of fancy fixins. I’m not trying to be the test subject between open carry and probable cause. Seems like unnecessary risk. Especially in 2024 with public perception as it is.

This is Montana, constitutional concealed carry without a permit. I stay away from circuses though cause I’m scared of clowns. And I own a whole lot of black guns with all sorts of fancy fixins. I’m not trying to be the test subject between open carry and probable cause. Seems like unnecessary risk. Especially in 2024 with public perception as it is.

I didn't say it was smart, but it is legal now in a bunch of different states. It does add an interesting wrinkle to situational awareness when in public.
Just another reason why de escalation and immediately removing yourself and your family the situation are always the best options.

Sheppard Air Force Base is an important component of our community, culturally and economically. It houses the Euro Nato pilot training program. One Saturday evening I arrived at our local Field and Stream shooting range to find a half dozen Italian pilots in flight suits at the 100 yard covered shooting structure. One was at a bench & the others were ambling around behind him with ar's slung or at high port. I didn't even get out of the truck.

I'm not implying they were doing anything unsafe...just twelve or so hands on rifles.

• The Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training Program, established in the spirit of NATO, is conducted by the 80th Flying Training Wing at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas. ENJJPT is the world's only multi-nationally manned and managed flying training program chartered to produce combat pilots for NATO.

Last edited:
Hunting/shooting etiquette has been a critical factor for me. I formerly hunted pheasants with a guy who could shoot from hip and twice from shoulder before I could even determine whose lane the bird was flying in, let alone shoulder and draw a bead! "Formerly hunted with" is the key phrase.

It’s Hank. No one would expect anything less.😏. Guy with a gun? Peaches. Night,night. 😄
It was handy,in my hand. And it rolled across the floor and away.
The guy had no idea there was 5 people in there. He turned away from clerk and I saw an opening.
None of the ones carrying had a weapon in their hands.
Posing.

No local law has contacted me. But they all wave. I know 2.

Saw a local cowboy I know with his Colt at the gas station. Holster worn and a leather loop over hammer,bent to almost falling out.
Guy is drunk in the morning and not an issue...

Another reason I live alone and hunt alone.

I meant the peaches up against the side of the head episode.😏
It was wonderful,until he dropped and the shotgun was on me and the old gal behind me. For a second I admit it.
The type of thing a Park Ranger would love to do daily,if allowed.
LOL

This guy had a DIY holster and refused to show proper etiquette to himself:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back