Gun cases are cool and so is gun etiquette!

I like Shedhorn, lots of guns to look at but I’m not near as polite as you when some ass hat points a gun at me. Charlie thought I was a little high strung.

Was at the drug store and almost walked down to check ammo.
3 handling guns unsafely in the isle. Sales clown just smiling at them.
About face...I am more than an unhappy guy.

I hate busy ranges,stores etc.
I am well aware of who is carrying and how locally.

I am not the one you want to have around, when you wave a gun around.

A guy pulled a gun at local store on the checker last year.
I clocked him with a can of peaches and when he fell, 4 pistols were on him. Clerk had a sawed off on him.
He was lucky.
I usually am unarmed,but it's in the truck.
I would not even blink an eye.

Last edited:
I’m addicted to searching for deals at our local flea market, just scored 20 Mountain House meals for $10

However, a few years ago while checking out a vendor’s tool collection I spy a sawed off shotgun. I tell the vendor that he should put it away because not only is it illegal to sell guns at flea markets in CA but that gun is illegal too. He looked at me silently and gave me a “mind your own business “ look.

I left but returned a few minutes later to see if he had taken heed. I see some numb skull handling it, breaks it open, and he sees a box of ammo on the table and he loads it.
I quickly exited the area before I got shot and sought out security to let him know what was going on.

My son and I were sighting in our rifles at a local unsupervised range several years ago. It was just us and another dude with a pink camo AR. He apparently just got a new scope for it because he was messing with it for quite awhile. Before he’d fired a shot, we called “all clear?”, got a thumbs up from him, and headed down range to pull targets. As we’re walking back towards him, I notice he’s still messing with his rifle, pointed down range in our general direction. I veer to the left a bit, causing my son who was on my left to also move over. Then BAM! Based on positioning and his gun angle, he likely missed us by less than 20ft. Dude was super apologetic, but I was so pissed that I didn’t say a word to him and we packed up and left. Reported him to the range marshal on the skeet line on the way out. Man I was pissed. My heart was still pounding 30 minutes later when we got home.

My son and I were sighting in our rifles at a local unsupervised range several years ago. It was just us and another dude with a pink camo AR. He apparently just got a new scope for it because he was messing with it for quite awhile. Before he’d fired a shot, we called “all clear?”, got a thumbs up from him, and headed down range to pull targets. As we’re walking back towards him, I notice he’s still messing with his rifle, pointed down range in our general direction. I veer to the left a bit, causing my son who was on my left to also move over. Then BAM! Based on positioning and his gun angle, he likely missed us by less than 20ft. Dude was super apologetic, but I was so pissed that I didn’t say a word to him and we packed up and left. Reported him to the range marshal on the skeet line on the way out. Man I was pissed. My heart was still pounding 30 minutes later when we got home.
I joined a local range here and it's a one and done for me. Just gonna shoot at home from now on. I try to go when nobody else is there everytine I do it's a tactical Chad and to be honest I usually get nervous enough that I just pack up and head home anyway.

I joined a local range here and it's a one and done for me. Just gonna shoot at home from now on. I try to go when nobody else is there everytine I do it's a tactical Chad and to be honest I usually get nervous enough that I just pack up and head home anyway.
Ol tactical Chad will get ya every time….I hate that dude!

Given the setting, my mind probably wouldn’t have gone straight to possible active shooter. Rather, they’re probably looking to sell. Given how clueless he sounds, you probably could have scored a good deal if you offered to buy it before they went inside.

…That, or they think their used gun is worth more than retail because they need money for more pizza pockets and only fans subscriptions.

They always want to talk to and show me they're new gun. Dude! I do not care.
Local range. I go at 1st light and have the place to myself. No wind.
Local guy who is a "gun guy" shows as I'm ready to leave.
My ear covers are off and I'm packing up. We exchange hello's and such.
My scope and ear covers are on the bench,next to him.

He's messing with a 300WM with a brake on it. I walk down and get paper and head back.
He comments on the targets. "Good shooting".
Thanks.
I turn to take stuff to truck and he fires off a round.

No paper up yet.

I walk to get spotter and leave. Furious. My right ear ringing.

A week later I see him in town with his face bandaged.
Turns out he was trying new loads that day. Over and under load specs.
He light loaded some and sent one.
Blew the end back into his face when it jammed. Lost an eye and has a nice scarred face now.

These local "Gun Guys" have asked me to shoot at competitions and such. No thanks.

I'm anti-social and fire to kill. Filled all but 2 tags in 15 years.
I have never seen a downed animal from these folks.
Or they don't hunt.

I left the sportsman's club yesterday after watching the idiots play with guns on a cold range. One idiot swept the whole line, when I called him out he just turned it and pointed it toward the end of the line where nobody was set up, certainly not downrange. As I am leaving, again from a cold range, when I pointed out to one of the idiots that when the range is cold NOTHING gets fiddled with on the bench he just gave me a stupid look as he pointed is 'unloaded' gun at a buddy.

Emailed the scenario to club management. They are wanting to hear what I have to say, but are acting somewhat surprised. I guess surprise is easy to come by if you aren't paying attention - this is almost normal. I get so pissed....I don't properly exercise my diplomacy, you might say.

Or maybe yelling at an idiot is the proper level of diplomacy.

The call I return to the range safety chair this afternoon could be interesting.

One more trip out there, then we are headed out of town. Will sneak out early Friday, on my way out of town for my pronghorn hunt, and toss a few downrange. At least when I am there at 0800, I'm usually alone, nobody wants to get up that early to shoot.

David
NM

I stepped on his hand and grabbed the pistol. Dumped the cylinder into the basket and put it and pistol on the counter in front of the clerk.
I said, "Don't ever point a weapon at me".
Told the lookers to tie him up and call the law.
I went out the side door as a neighbor SO showed when I got to the truck. Just said there was something going on and pointed.

I did not have cobbler that night.

Closest range to me is only open Thursday-Sunday, 10am-4pm. Theres no getting there early and having it to myself. At least it’s a staffed range, though, and they’re good about calling out safety violations. They provide the targets, too, which is cool. $15/visit kinda hurts, though.

You guys are making me appreciate my private range access more and more…

I think it’s been 10 or so trips since I had to share with someone I wasn’t meeting there. It’ll tick up a skosh with fall approaching, but it’s still a fantastic luxury for someone who really enjoys shooting.

The local place is OK as long as you go early ...oh , the 100 yard standbases are 104 and the 200 yard is 194.
But someone placed gongs up the hill to hell and back.LOL

Close for these folks.

You guys are making me appreciate my private range access more and more…

I think it’s been 10 or so trips since I had to share with someone I wasn’t meeting there. It’ll tick up a skosh with fall approaching, but it’s still a fantastic luxury for someone who really enjoys shooting.
Townsends pretty low key

You get your hands on a set of vector x yet?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back