PEAX Equipment

UPS sucks

utah400elk

Ok…just a little rant but long story short UPS sucks. I recently sold a Benelli M2 rifled slug barrel. I went to UPS to ship. The barrel was packaged and ready to ship. I paid and moved on.

About 1 hour later the kid at the local UPS store called. He explained that I had committed mail fraud. A felony and that he was going to report me to the police. He said I lacked the proper license to ship a firearm and that I had committed mail fraud.

I went back to the store obviously. The kid had opened the package and found the barrel. I had not hidden the fact that I was shipping gun parts. The kid went on to berate me about how serious of a crime I had committed and that he was going to call the police.

Now the back story…I work in federal law enforcement and have been a police officer/federal agent for over 28 years. I kindly explained that UPS was not US mail so there was no mail fraud, that it was not illegal to ship barrels and that I had recently purchased another Benelli barrel that UPS delivered to my home.

He then explained that shipping a frame or reciver was illegal and that those were gun parts…therefore me shipping a barrel was the same.

I was most upset they opened the package. Just be aware they suck!

They used to be the gold standard........ not so much anymore. Had a few issues with them loosing things and stuff get directed in the wrong direction while in transit in the last few years. Same can be said for FEDEX (maybe even more so)

They used to be the gold standard........ not so much anymore. Had a few issues with them loosing things and stuff get directed in the wrong direction while in transit in the last few years. Same can be said for FEDEX (maybe even more so)
FedEx is 10x worse by me. UPS has been the best in my experience. FedEx looses everything and it's always late.

Earlier today just minutes before you posted this I got an email notification that my UPS package was delivered but the picture was NOT MY HOUSE. It was my at my neighbor's 3 houses away. What good is the picture if all you can tell is its somewhere on a wooden porch? Why not back up 20 feet so I can at least see the house and address? My area has a few really superb UPS drivers but when there are temps or new guys it's very frustrating. Sorry to highjack your thread a little.

Screenshot_20240731-153556~2.png

This is a shipment of hammer bullets. USPS is not any better. I am really having shipping and reviewing problems. Note that the package went from Birmingham to Huntsville to Madison…then back to Birmingham, now back to Huntsville. Apparently “out for delivery” does not mean what I think it means.

IMG_0796.png

best thing you can do to simplify your shipping life is go on Pirate Ship, buy and print your on labels, ups, fedex and USPS. And get commercial rates while you’re at it….

That tracking example is so common these days. I’m honestly surprised they haven’t discontinued it because it shows how bad they do sometimes

I’d bet I run at least a 25% rate of things showing up damaged anymore. Just got some bed rails delivered the other day that were broken it half. It was very evident from the box that things weren’t going to be good inside

Ok…just a little rant but long story short UPS sucks. I recently sold a Benelli M2 rifled slug barrel. I went to UPS to ship. The barrel was packaged and ready to ship. I paid and moved on.

About 1 hour later the kid at the local UPS store called. He explained that I had committed mail fraud. A felony and that he was going to report me to the police. He said I lacked the proper license to ship a firearm and that I had committed mail fraud.

I went back to the store obviously. The kid had opened the package and found the barrel. I had not hidden the fact that I was shipping gun parts. The kid went on to berate me about how serious of a crime I had committed and that he was going to call the police.

Now the back story…I work in federal law enforcement and have been a police officer/federal agent for over 28 years. I kindly explained that UPS was not US mail so there was no mail fraud, that it was not illegal to ship barrels and that I had recently purchased another Benelli barrel that UPS delivered to my home.

He then explained that shipping a frame or reciver was illegal and that those were gun parts…therefore me shipping a barrel was the same.

I've had my FFL for several years and am also former law enforcement. Anytime I ship a gun I tell them that they are "machining parts" or "parts for a lathe". Works every time. Anytime I tell them it's a gun they won't let me ship it...even though UPS delivers guns to my home?

Time to Karen up and ask for the manager. Then ask the manager to show you the written policy.

When I was having service parts shipped to UPS drops all over the region, I kept my own database of their hours for all our techs. Frustrating as hell to drive to Pendleton or Hermiston for a pickup and find a sign that they are only open M,W,F after 3PM or some such. Tech day wasted OOS assigned to a call, second trip required, etc.

As weird as it seems, every UPS customer center has policy leeway on a lot of things. They set their own hours, etc. Worse with Fedex.

Also true of their interpretation of the law. We had Fedex locations that would not ship or receive any package with the required label for Lithium batteries. The law said those "may not travel on any aircraft serving passengers." I used to go around with Fedex all the time on that one. "Just how many passengers do Fedex planes carry? NONE - Can you explain your policy?" Eventually you would get to " There doesn't have to be a reason for it, it's our policy. "

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back