UPS sucks

I should have said, sending a barrel through UPS does not constitute mail fraud. There was no false pretense and no violation of federal law.
As of Sept 2022, sending a barrel violates UPS terms of service if you are not a licensed FFL dealer. This is pretty much the same as FedEx. UPS can have more strict rules than Federal law, as long as it is within federal law. I'm not sure what false pretense has to do with it. I'm also not sure how the UPS guy knew it was a barrel (and I can understand a LOT of questions on this point). Either way, I'm sure you had perfectly good intentions. I don't thing bashing UPS is a great use of time. Would your reaction have been the same if you learned the guy found a pound of fentanyl pills being shipped? Again, I'm not sure how they determine what is in packages.

My intentions were clear. I was simply shipping a barrel. I never hid that fact. If UPS policy does not allow barrels. So be it. I won’t ship through them anymore. They opened the package after I told them it was gun parts.

Last edited:
Now the back story…I work in federal law enforcement and have been a police officer/federal agent for over 28 years.

As of Sept 2022, sending a barrel violates UPS terms of service if you are not a licensed FFL dealer.

Mama always said, “Don’t cop nobody around til you’re perfect yourself!”

Church always said, “Nobody is perfect, EVER!”

Sounds like you mighta broke the law, Mr. Lawman….

But people buy and sell firearms related products on PayPal daily. And it is against policy. mtmuley

UPS doesn't define what "gun parts" are. They give examples such as barrels and firing pins and even stocks. Rifle scopes can be shipped. What about a rifle sling? Who knows.

They have no decent drivers any more.
They cannot deliver a package to my place, starting this year.
They can't find it. 6 packages left at the Pie Town PO....not my PO in Quemado. Returned.

Used to be Fedex was bad. Now they know where I am.

I will not order from folks who use UPS from now on.

Mama always said, “Don’t cop nobody around til you’re perfect yourself!”

Church always said, “Nobody is perfect, EVER!”

Sounds like you mighta broke the law, Mr. Lawman….
I think we all need to be more understanding. I don’t think a law was broke. The UPS employee was informed and should have told him that it wasn’t allowed without proper verification. Calling the customer later and going G-man on them is BS. That said, I think people should try to know the rules of a business. And I-hate-XYZ company posts aren’t necessary or productive. Some of these employees haven’t been there long enough to know. We want everything delivered ASAP for as low of a price as possible. What do we expect? Expectations are too high and fuses too short these days.

I would have told the dude okay, call the law I'll sit here and wait so we can educate you on what a firearm actually is today. Then I would have taken my business/money elsewhere from then on. Craps to expensive these days to put up with this type of BS.

They all suck. I find usps to suck the most.
Yeah. That’s the outfit that stole a check I had written from the mail. I go to my bank to report check fraud and he says he’s had five customers with checks stolen that go through the same post office that my mail goes through.

Earlier today just minutes before you posted this I got an email notification that my UPS package was delivered but the picture was NOT MY HOUSE. It was my at my neighbor's 3 houses away. What good is the picture if all you can tell is its somewhere on a wooden porch? Why not back up 20 feet so I can at least see the house and address? My area has a few really superb UPS drivers but when there are temps or new guys it's very frustrating. Sorry to highjack your thread a little.

View attachment 334815
Escalate within UPS if did not find at a neighbor's porch.

UPS drivers are geo-tracked. I had a package delivered to a similar yet incorrect address such as should be 123 S Main Way and instead UPS dropped off at 123 S Main Loop. Anyway, I spend a lot with UPS for business and contacted my rep to explain the driver messed up but I needed to know where to go to see if my package was at the incorrect location. Driver was contacted and all ended well as the Porch Pirates were apparently sleeping in that day. As for UPS vs. FedEx, will take UPS any day. DHL does to do point to point within the U.S. though does bring me stuff from overseas and they are no better than FedEx much less UPS. USPS has done a great job for me though is not as convenient as having UPS coming by daily to pick up outbound items.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back