Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same thing. I'm guessing the level of security between former and current presidents are not the same.
Apparently Mayorkas has ignored requests for better/more security according to some outlets.

The motive was someone wanted Trump dead badly enough to die to make it happen.
All those flags and they still didn't get the windage dope right.

I mourn for the person killed and pray for the one injured.
That's as far as I'm dipping my toe into this downward spiral of a thread.

In before the lock.

Wrong, it's bullshit to make a statement like that when nobody knows what the motives were. It's divisive and it doesn't matter if it was Trump or Biden in the line of fire.

Clear insanity and no place to point fingers...period.

Former President Obama released his own statement prior to Biden, saying, "There is absolutely no place for political violence in our democracy."

"Although we don’t yet know exactly what happened, we should all be relieved that former President Trump wasn’t seriously hurt, and use this moment to recommit ourselves to civility and respect in our politics," he said. "Michelle and I are wishing him a quick recovery."

You can bet security just at least doubled from now on. If True about a rooftop shooter this is incompetence on a level so high it's unbelievable.
This very level of incompetence is truly unimaginable. Cue the conspiracy theories (I hate term, maybe better is "curious speculative discussion").

I'd bet a crisp twenty that a campaign staffer wrote that. He goes all caps at the drop of a hat, this is pretty coherent

I meant his demeanor in the photos. I don’t know what was written.

He had an attitude of invincibility, whereas I would have been ducked down behind that podium before the Secret Service had a chance to react.

I meant his demeanor in the photos. I don’t know what was written.
Oh sorry, someone earlier showed his truth social post and I had assumed you were talking about that.

I'm off the internet for the rest of the day. You can bet that every foreign government bot account is going to be working overtime trying to manipulate emotions one way or another. Doesn't matter if you like him or hate him, all fair game to the bots. I'm going to go water the lawn.

Former President Obama released his own statement prior to Biden, saying, "There is absolutely no place for political violence in our democracy."

"Although we don’t yet know exactly what happened, we should all be relieved that former President Trump wasn’t seriously hurt, and use this moment to recommit ourselves to civility and respect in our politics," he said. "Michelle and I are wishing him a quick recovery."
That's the right response and doesn't surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jyoder
Back