Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not realize you were the judge, no wonder then that you have not won the award.

A 6' 4" man that weighs 245# might be jacked. The more likely case is he has 20# or more to lose.

The rest of it is absolutely true in a battle. Do you think that when soldiers got hit during D-Day, soldiers next to them stopped fighting, to attend to their fellow soldier?

You can look up the last claim. You can take the word of a Marine general or a guy who lies as easily as he breathes.
There is a reason some kids are picked last when picking football teams. It is called wanting to win. If you want to win you pick the best players. If you want diversity you watch a US Armed Forces commercial. It is pathetic if you ask me. The job of warriors to win wars and to keep anyone from even thinking of fighting you. Not to have the most diverse military.

There is a reason some kids are picked last when picking football teams. It is called wanting to win. If you want to win you pick the best players. If you want diversity you watch a US Armed Forces commercial. It is pathetic if you ask me. The job of warriors to win wars and to keep anyone from even thinking of fighting you. Not to have the most diverse military.
Important info coming in. Let’s get back to the topic so the thread stays open.

Important info coming in. Let’s get back to the topic so the thread stays open.

Not to have the most diverse military.
Back to thread momentarily, however, as someone with an extensive military background, let me clarify. The intent is not necessarily a "diverse military" by design; it just so happens that throughout US military history, the demographics are representative of the American cross section. The exception, which is changing, is the role of the female in the military.

It’s actually to serve your country, its ideals and way of life, and die for it if needed. It’s sometimes to be a peacekeeper, and bring freedom to those oppressed. It’s sometimes to honour a family history of service, and that can be a daughter honouring a father just as much as a son.

It’s something that shouldn’t be gatekept based on whatever action movies you’ve seen.

Pretty much my point lol the type of women seeking combat duty are probably different than the ones put into more of an administrative role. Which are probably the ones that the minimum requirements are set for. All soldiers have to do basic training if I’m not mistaken?
I’m not sure about military but a co worker and former USFS L.E.O told me during L.E.O training he had to fight and take down other classmates. During a match he had to take down a female classmate. He took her down very easily and she started crying and screamed “I hate this!” And stormed off. She never had to participate in another match like that and passed the class and became a law enforcement officer. I’m told it’s the same type of training Secret Service does.

There's more support forces that there are combat forces. The military needs everything. The point of the larger organizations is to support the combat soldier. Many many things need to happen in order for troops to be able to fight.

The world has changed. It has evolved past your outdated and problematic views. There is no going back. Women are just as capable as men, and as long as they can do the job effectively physically (which is also a criteria for men in some instances), that should have no bearing on whether they are hired.
That's the problem; they are hired even if they can't meet the criteria. I know folks that have had to train "today's Army" (and they sure aren't Boomers) and it's a nightmare. Fitness standards no longer apply to some; try to hold them accountable and the next thing is "sexual harassment" so they are just passed along.

Folks are going to die if we have a hot war again. Hopefully we come to our senses. And, when I was a senior executive the majority of my team were women, but they didn't have to drag wounded men in full battle rattle off the X, nor physically cover 6'3" men.

If the standards applied equally, as you imply, no problem. The issue is that they don't. You're telling me that obese woman who couldn't find her holster passed some sort of rigorous fitness test?

That's the issue with DEI. Lower the standards to achieve diversity. Sometimes standards matter. Like in medical care, legal issues (now some states are no longer requiring bar exams, cause "diversity"), and yeah, military in battle. And, in this case, SS.

According to FBI officials on a call with Congress members, the gunman's search history included images of public figures like Trump and Biden, as well as information on Trump rallies and the upcoming Democratic National Convention.

The revelations about the shooter's online activity come as authorities investigate the motive behind the attack at the Trump campaign event, which left one spectator dead.

While details remain limited, the FBI's findings suggest the shooter may have been monitoring or planning around high-profile political events and figures prior to the deadly incident.

Source: NBC

I did not realize you were the judge, no wonder then that you have not won the award.

A 6' 4" man that weighs 245# might be jacked. The more likely case is he has 20# or more to lose.

The rest of it is absolutely true in a battle. Do you think that when soldiers got hit during D-Day, soldiers next to them stopped fighting, to attend to their fellow soldier?

You can look up the last claim. You can take the word of a Marine general or a guy who lies as easily as he breathes.
I was about that with all my gear on. A 18 year old, 115lbs, blonde female, pulled me out of a spider pit and fireman carried me 75 meters to safety. She saved my life that day.

I would say that in that scenario, no one except the upper echelon of strong individuals is lifting that guy over their head Rambo-style and carrying him to safety. I’d say the military most likely knows simple physics and reduces techniques to be able to drag that man to safety, and size discrepancy can be made up by that. I’d say if a woman has hit the minimal requirements she should be able to do at least that. I’d say I’m sure you’ve used things such as leverage or knowing where centers of gravity are to move things much heavier than you hunting, for example.

I’d also say that I would hope the military would take into account size differences so scenarios like this could be avoided, but I can’t say that as a fact because I don’t know if that’s the case.

Please stop, you’re embarrassing yourself……..

If the standards applied equally, as you imply, no problem. The issue is that they don't. You're telling me that obese woman who couldn't find her holster passed some sort of rigorous fitness test?

You’re telling me you’ve never seen some obese male police officer waddle their way out of a squad car? It happens both ways.

You raise some good points. In a previous post, I did state that DEI is abused by both the right and the left. What I’m saying, is at its core, applied correctly, it’s a good thing that reflects the diversity of society.

What sucks is I know plenty of you have daughters, and the fact you wouldn’t encourage them to be whatever they wanted to be based on your preconcieved notions of what is and isn’t acceptable for a woman to do is pretty sad.

That’s also how you get strippers.

It’s actually to serve your country, its ideals and way of life, and die for it if needed. It’s sometimes to be a peacekeeper, and bring freedom to those oppressed. It’s sometimes to honour a family history of service, and that can be a daughter honouring a father just as much as a son.

It’s something that shouldn’t be gatekept based on whatever action movies you’ve seen.
Ok you pick your army of warm feelings and diversity. If your army ever has to go head to head vs warriors from China or Russia it will be ugly. The point of war is to win and kill those who are trying to kill you. It ain’t about daughters honoring fathers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntTalkMa’am
Back