Trump is shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not have time to read this thread, but I will say this whole event has been a showcase in what is wrong with our country. I don't see how the politicians on both sides can think they can sprout vitriol and hate against 50% of the country and call them the enemy, and not have someone take them literally. Their chosen tactic is to divide the country through fear and hate, and now they want to play the victim. Play stupid games, and win stupid prizes. I feel sorry for the citizen of our country, I have a more difficult time feeling sorry for the politicians and parties....

The amount of influencers coming out of the wood work desperate for attention, but nothing to actually say spouting off about things they have no more information about than you or me, is ridiculous. I saw a thumbnail on youtube the other day where some internet tactician did an "Kit breakdown" on the SS personnel in the photos. Who the F cares. I know everyone is starved for answers, but listening to idiots on social media spout off with nothing but speculation and inflammatory comments is not the answer.

I would not purport to be an expert on executive security, but I know that with the fragments of video and some photos, there is no way anyone can adequately diagnose where the fault is. Additionally, I subscribe to Occam's Razor, which basically says evaluate a situation making the least amount of assumptions necessary to find the solution. In other words, if you are standing in a pasture and you hear hoof beats, think horses, not giraffes. So to me disgruntled/mentally unstable individual combined with SS/LE dropping the ball is likely all there is to this.

Another issue is that, federal and local LE agencies and the military nationwide are struggling to recruit talent. Which by default means that the average quality of individual is going to drop as there is only so much talent to go around. Additionally, federal law enforcement has grown dramatically since 9/11, so just another dynamic spreading the peanut butter even thinner.

The last thing I would say is that mentally it is very challenging to do a job for years and never have the thing you train for happen, and then the one day it does not get caught flat footed. How many instances in the last 2 decades has the SS been forced to intervene with lethal force to prevent an assassination?? You can do scenario training and all kinds of 1-way range training, but the first time it happens for real it is a totally different ball game.

It's still crazy shit. The security aspect. It's unreal. No excuse for a woops. No do overs. Come on, a 20yr old reject almost killed a former president within 150 yards. I think ya trump has alot of rallys. Prob gerts repetitive. Boring. Don't matter if it was dem or reb. 1 guy lost his life because someone didn't do there god dam job.

Where were u, when u found out. Assassination attempt.

I was in a town pump. Just pulled in. 100.7 on the radio. Took my 2 boys up to the mountains, looking for sheds. Found horse flies. Got a flat tire on way in. Course the road rutted up. So my jack to big. Tall. So had to put it a little far back. Jack it up. Put log under it. Place jack where it need to be. Change tire. Boys wuss out. Horse flies bad. Tall grass. Had a feeling I was going to score.

Anyway limp into town. Town pump busy as hell. Waiting in line. Big ugly trucker runs in. They tried to kill him. They tried to Assassinate trump. Prob 20 people like wtf. He going bonkers. People start checking there phone. People freak out a little. Like holy shit. The trucker going ballistic. Iam thinking he a problem. He breaks down crying. I got the hell out of there. Iam no hero.

Iam thinking had to be 1000 yards. Probably 2000. Like anti tank gun. Anti air craft. 408 cheytac maybe 50 cal. Nope it's a virgin. That almost started a war.

Were lucky he didn't kill him. I vote trump. But regardless who it was. It starts some shit. That shit was real. My opinion.

I think what we should ask is this. And I vote trump. But why are there not better candidates from either side. I think that is the way most feel. Nobody there actually represents the people. Just vote for there agendas. But nobody there that will benefit everyone. Just my opinion.

Where were u, when u found out. Assassination attempt.

I was in a town pump. Just pulled in. 100.7 on the radio. Took my 2 boys up to the mountains, looking for sheds. Found horse flies. Got a flat tire on way in. Course the road rutted up. So my jack to big. Tall. So had to put it a little far back. Jack it up. Put log under it. Place jack where it need to be. Change tire. Boys wuss out. Horse flies bad. Tall grass. Had a feeling I was going to score.

Anyway limp into town. Town pump busy as hell. Waiting in line. Big ugly trucker runs in. They tried to kill him. They tried to Assassinate trump. Prob 20 people like wtf. He going bonkers. People start checking there phone. People freak out a little. Like holy shit. The trucker going ballistic. Iam thinking he a problem. He breaks down crying. I got the hell out of there. Iam no hero.

Iam thinking had to be 1000 yards. Probably 2000. Like anti tank gun. Anti air craft. 408 cheytac maybe 50 cal. Nope it's a virgin. That almost started a war.

Were lucky he didn't kill him. I vote trump. But regardless who it was. It starts some shit. That shit was real. My opinion.

I think what we should ask is this. And I vote trump. But why are there not better candidates from either side. I think that is the way most feel. Nobody there actually represents the people. Just vote for there agendas. But nobody there that will benefit everyone. Just my opinion.

You're not homeschooling your two boys right?

Where was I? Bringing the dog and my rods in from the truck after fishing some mountain lake brookies.

Sat for a minute and saw @Dave N with a 1 minute old thread and no replies. No news notifications on my phone yet and scoured my news apps and finally found something on the AP app as old as Dave’s thread. Certainly shocked, turned the tv on and got back to unloading. Apple News notification came in on my phone several minutes later.

Point being, I think Dave needs to unretire and join the press if he’s faster than Apple News notifications.

SS Director Kimberly Cheatle says the roof slope was the reason no ss snipers were posted on the roof. WOW it's like a 2/12 or a 3/12 pitch!! Whats it really mean when the swamp feeds us a pile of chit.
Yep, her excuse is a load of bs. The counter snipers were on a more severe slope. It’s too sloped for secret service but a 20yr old amateur didn’t seem to have a problem. That excuse tells me right there this investigation won’t be taken seriously.

Pardon me for having no trust in our govt agencies. They can’t even “investigate” a bag of cocaine brought into the White House.

Where was I? Bringing the dog and my rods in from the truck after fishing some mountain lake brookies.

Sat for a minute and saw @Dave N with a 1 minute old thread and no replies. No news notifications on my phone yet and scoured my news apps and finally found something on the AP app as old as Dave’s thread. Certainly shocked, turned the tv on and got back to unloading. Apple News notification came in on my phone several minutes later.

Point being, I think Dave needs to unretire and join the press if he’s faster than Apple News notifications.
I'm fine right where I am, thank you! :cool:

I do think it would have been better to acknowledge the failure and not to speak to the excuse on the sloped roof. Not sure if that was made up just to appease the need for an answer, or if that's how it really went down. But that does not instill any kind of confidence and imo just makes the situation seem even worse.

Dubz337 what was wrong with my post. That actually happened.

Nothing my man, people have different writing styles I suppose. Just being a prick, as I have a reputation to uphold with some people on here who ol' Donny would refer to as snowflakes lol

For many of the members of this board, this assassination attempt is the first one in their memory bank.

Yes, there was a screw up, but going for forty plus years without a president or presidential candidate getting shot at is an impressive run.

Does anyone think that there were no risks to Obama's life, while he was president? Does anyone think that there were no risks to Trump's life during his first term? Each of them had many detractors. This is true for every president.

Before I was out of high school JFK, RFK, MLK, and Malcom X had been assassinated. Not long after George Wallace was shot. Reagan was shot when I was 30 years old. The last forty plus years are fairly quiet, comparatively.
You have to define screw up or at least get into details of responsibility.

SS did now want Kennedy in an open car, for example.

Trump was said in testimony to Congress to have told SS to allow knowingly armed people into one of his speeches on Jan 6, and testimony also said he tried to go after a Secret Service protectors when they told Trump they would not allow him to go to Congress on Jan 6.

Then we have gun laws and open carry laws and other things totally out of control of LE that make it difficult to protect. A court just overruled my states law banning people under 21 from getting an open carry permit.

I would wonder how much interest there would be in protecting a president given all that and particularly this former president.

I do think it would have been better to acknowledge the failure and not to speak to the excuse on the sloped roof. Not sure if that was made up just to appease the need for an answer, or if that's how it really went down. But that does not instill any kind of confidence and imo just makes the situation seem even worse.
Agree. But it does lend itself to the theory that SS has no idea what they’re doing and it was a monumental security failure instead of a planned attack by more than one idiot.

I'd be surprised if most every SS member didn't wonder what the H$ll Cheadle was thinking when she said that.

Newsflash, sometimes leaders say some really stupid things those they serve over cringe at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MidwestSniper03
Back