The Governor, the Wolf and the Warden: A Fresh Look at a Gianforte Hunt

No public land doe tags in region 7. First time mule deer slaughter in November has been brought up in my lifetime with the CAC. If democrats were smart they would go after him hard on raising property taxes. Democrats should have had fwp and wildlife well managed as long as they had to do it.
CAC?

As far as the property taxes go, they are adjusted automatically every two years. How is that the governor’s fault? Besides, who will fix the roads without high taxes? (Remember, all taxation is theft.)

As far as the property taxes go, they are adjusted automatically every two years. How is that the governor’s fault? Besides, who will fix the roads without high taxes? (Remember, all taxation is theft.)
SB442 would’ve helped with the roads but Greg vetoed it because he doesn’t like his constituents telling him how to spend their money.

I certainly wouldn't say we've had any administrations as of late that didn't have their faults, and the article certainly seems written by someone who doesn't really know trapping, but it's pretty hard to argue with money talking. From the article:

"By October 2022, according to a letter laying out the terms of Mr. Loewen’s departure and obtained by The New York Times, Mr. Loewen had been released after 22 years in the agency, with $150,000. The mediation fees would be paid by the state. In exchange, Mr. Loewen promised not to sue for further damages or disparage his former employers."

In a similar vein to Schweitzer and Bullock, I think a lot of stories about Greg Gianforte will come out over the years, as current state employees working under this administration quit and can actually speak their minds. Helena is a small town, State Government even smaller, and some of the things you hear from folks who currently want to keep their jobs is pretty out there.

I would agree on FWP being broken before GG was elected - but how much of that was caused by the legislature and the commission.

When it comes to GG’s involvement- how about you list one positive thing he has accomplished and I’ll give you 2 ah chits.
I like that I can conceal carry without a permit most places now… and I like that he made construction workers essential so I didn’t lose my home and job. I like that he said we can’t lose our jobs for not taking the vaccine in Montana. But there’s a lot he’s done that’s pissed me off too.

I like that I can conceal carry without a permit most places now… and I like that he made construction workers essential so I didn’t lose my home and job. I like that he said we can’t lose our jobs for not taking the vaccine in Montana. But there’s a lot he’s done that’s pissed me off too.
GG has done some good things. Very very few have been on the wildlife side, but some of his other stuff has been good for sure.

I don't understand why Joe Pickett wasn't called in on this case. He'd have written the ticket then it would've gotten "Western" and we would've found all the skeletons in GG's closet.

Story reeks of just anti-hunting and anti-trapping sentiment. Sure, the dude was a moron for trying to cover it up instead of owning the mistake. I won’t argue that.

But come on, nobody is going to convince me that they actually care that a guy who has trapped for 50 years didn’t take a trivial online course before shooting a wolf. Especially not when his gubernatorial opponent is a literal gun-grabbing radical tyrant.

At least your governor hunts and traps. Take a look at WA and CO and vote wisely in November.

SB442 would’ve helped with the roads but Greg vetoed it because he doesn’t like his constituents telling him how to spend their money.
Helped what with the god damned roads? Be specific or you’re full of ship high in transit!

At least your governor hunts and traps. Take a look at WA and CO and vote wisely in November.
Be nice if Gianforte knew the hunting/trapping regulations in the State he's a governor in. Would also make sense if a guy had trapped for 50 years he'd pay attention enough to know the regulations.

Even be nice if he could identify a spike bull from a brow tine bull as well before illegally plugging a spike.

If busse was smart he go video himself killing wolves. Idk who knows with all the bs today. What I know is no one is fighting for the public land. Man got rid of wolves with 1080 along time ago. Leave it to man to bring back Canada 🇨🇦 wolves. My thought gio the man killed a wolf. I anti wolf. But what has he done for public land. What has any political influence done.

Be nice if Gianforte knew the hunting/trapping regulations in the State he's a governor in. Would also make sense if a guy had trapped for 50 years he'd pay attention enough to know the regulations.

Even be nice if he could identify a spike bull from a brow tine bull as well before illegally plugging a spike.
Would be nice indeed. But it would take *just* a bit more than a guy self-reporting a mistake 25 years ago, and forgetting to watch a PowerPoint, to make me vote for a Senior Advisor at Giffords.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back