Advertisement

So what happened to the "let's bash landowners thread"?

Yeah, what happened to that thread? I saw it more as "In Support of the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation" though. Is it common practice for admins to nuke threads on here? Why not just lock it if you think it's going too far? There was good stuff in that thread and may have stirred people up enough to get involved with THEIR public trust resource. But alas it's gone...

I think the Californian bashing was too much for someone? :D

The last post I read was a well reasoned post by Nemont about why it will be hard to recruit young hunters with all the leasing. It seemed like the thread was still discussing issues.

What pussy got offended by California bashing?

I found the thread very informative. To bad as it was giving us an insight on the whole deal that is happening and valid points made that we as sportsmen should be made aware of.

...the whining had reached dog whistle shrillness...but Spitz and Nemont's comments were worth reading.

The last post I read was a well reasoned post ... about why it will be hard to recruit young hunters with all the leasing. ...

I think its a lot safer to take youth to a lease, unless the public hunt is specifically for youth. The lease can be low pressure hunting, where they can learn. It can be controlled numbers of hunters, where its safer for youth to be walking about, etc. We have some youth only public hunts here, those are good, if a state has those. What other states have those?

I guess that Iowa world record whitetail was shot during a youth only muzzleloader season there.

There's more than one way to solve a problem, usually. Can Obama solve any problems, that's the question?

I think its a lot safer to take youth to a lease, unless the public hunt is specifically for youth. The lease can be low pressure hunting, where they can learn. It can be controlled numbers of hunters, where its safer for youth to be walking about, etc. We have some youth only public hunts here, those are good, if a state has those. What other states have those?

I guess that Iowa world record whitetail was shot during a youth only muzzleloader season there.

There's more than one way to solve a problem, usually. Can Obama solve any problems, that's the question?

Tom,

How many newspapers does a Montana kid have to deliver to be able to outbid some douche bag Californian that comes to Montana and leases up some ranch down the road from where he lives?

Hell Jose, let's just designate hunting as a division of the post office. Coin a PC phrase that doesn't connote 'socialized huntin'...

Don't worry Jose, the economy is getting ready to crater and all the douche bag Californians will be staying home. Unfortunately for little Johny the newspaper boy, the newspaper industry is getting ready to crater as well. Luckly he has plenty of public land to hunt on in Montana.

Don't worry Jose, the economy is getting ready to crater and all the douche bag Californians will be staying home. Unfortunately for little Johny the newspaper boy, the newspaper industry is getting ready to crater as well. Luckly he has plenty of public land to hunt on in Montana.

BigWhore,

Do you hunt on Public Lands in Montana or in Idaho?

BigWhore,

Do you hunt on Public Lands in Montana or in Idaho?

Most of the time. Did a lot of hunting on Plum Creek/Forest Service land this past year though. Plum Creek is private land but let the public hunt and recreate on their lands for no charge. A lot of people bash Plum Creek as well......while getting free access to their land. They bitch about the gates and walk in access only. Some bitch that they actually cut down trees on the land as well. Often they ignore the gates with their $8000 no interest till 2010 ATV's, all the while whining about not being able to afford to hunt anymore. Fickle public.

Most of the time.

BigWhore,

You hunt on My Public Lands most of the time and yet you don't want to pay taxes to fund the land managers? And you call anybody who tries to protect them a "kook"?

You might want to start pulling your own weight instead of relying on others to provide you with your opportunities.

"Let's bash landowners thread?" Are you frikkin serious?

Yeh. It started out as some slob hunters damaging private property while still being allow access to hunt (I believe the thread title was something about shooting ourselves in the foot) then it developed into a crusade to shame people away from leasing private property, sprinkled in with some "facts" from Buzz and a claim that original story was mostly lies and probably perpetrated by outfitters as well. Did I sum it up pretty good?

Where's WANNABUYA200? He can tell us how to better ourselves as sportsman by writing checks. Meanwhile, I'll be dropping loafs in front of my favorite landowner's driveways..

Tom,

How many newspapers does a Montana kid have to deliver to be able to outbid some douche bag Californian that comes to Montana and leases up some ranch down the road from where he lives?

0, if there is a youth only season in Montana?

0, if there is a landowner who promotes youth hunting and lets him hunt free.

0, if Obama can solve the problem.

0, if an elder on the lease takes him there to hunt.

$6 worth if you want to buy him an over the counter out of state liscense in Texas for youth hunts where they do all that, have public youth only hunts, youth only seasons, landowners who let youth hunt for free, and elder's on leases who take youth for free. That is, people promote youth hunting here.

Obama hasn't solved anything here though, what's his change, no solutions?:)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kdtex7
Back