Yeti GOBOX Collection

RFKJr on Meateater

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to RFK Jr a handful of times back in his Air America days (around 2006ish). He was a very hard-line environmentalist back then. Maybe he has softened his views on energy since then?

I'll listen more when I'm not working.

I listened to RFK Jr a handful of times back in his Air America days (around 2006ish). He was a very hard-line environmentalist back then. Maybe he has softened his views on energy since then?

I'll listen more when I'm not working.
I personally think he’s sprinkling in some fluff for the meat-eater listeners. I liked Steve’s perspective on “conservationists” and “ environmentalists “ being 80% the same thing but taking different approaches addressing the same issue.

I hope he’s on the ballot and messes things up enough for Biden that Trump takes the White House back. Would never want to see a Kennedy as President they are just a slight bit above a Biden.
Yeah ultimately I think RFK is gonna help trump out despite what any poll says or rfk himself.
I just don’t see rfk being effective at all given the political atmosphere, especially if there’s some senate majority change

Did the topic of no Secret Service protection being afforded him/his family come up? Seems obvious to me that he meets minimum requirements for this, but President Biden has said “nope”.
It is toward the end of the interview. You should invest some time if it is an important talking point for you.

So our choices are two rich 80 year olds and one rich 70 year old that sounds like he's choking to death while sitting.

Giant Meteor 2024

And that’s the majority RFK Jrs criticism… waaaa I don’t like the sound of his voice waaaa

I hope all the people that think like toddlers get put on an island and that’s where the giant meteor strikes, maybe then we can get in a 3rd party president and try something different in 150 years for once. But no, here comes one of two sh*t heads because America is hell bent on idiocracy playing out.

And that’s the majority RFK Jrs criticism… waaaa I don’t like the sound of his voice waaaa

I hope all the people that think like toddlers get put on an island and that’s where the giant meteor strikes, maybe then we can get in a 3rd party president and try something different in 150 years for once. But no, here comes one of two sh*t heads because America is hell bent on idiocracy playing out.
Well I didn't feel the need to get into the nitty-gritty about a conspiracy fueled twit that grew up in an insanely tumultuous silver-spoon world. He oversimplifies the complexities of policy and has made a career out of being a lawyer - i.e. finding technicalities to latch onto instead of guiding meaningful change. I happen to have a few degrees in "the nuclear" and he's (like most), woefully misinformed yet supremely confident.

All three candidates are garbage. All three candidates are wrong about a lot, and right about some (according to me). The precise ratios of right/wrong differ, but none are great.

Well I didn't feel the need to get into the nitty-gritty about a conspiracy fueled twit that grew up in an insanely tumultuous silver-spoon world. He oversimplifies the complexities of policy and has made a career out of being a lawyer - i.e. finding technicalities to latch onto instead of guiding meaningful change. I happen to have a few degrees in "the nuclear" and he's (like most), woefully misinformed yet supremely confident.

All three candidates are garbage. All three candidates are wrong about a lot, and right about some (according to me). The precise ratios of right/wrong differ, but none are great.

Welcome to the forum, spokesperson for corporate America. I solute your efforts to bring down the single politician that is a threat to your pockets. May you continue to pollute our planet, inject untested/unsafe/ineffective potions into our populations, continue with forever wars and military industrial complex, and cover our earth with useless solar/wind and not a few safe nuclear plants. Which, holy chit folks we got member who is also smarter than Elon Musk on here. Who woulda thunk!

FWIW my choices in this current race would be RFK, then Trump, then tomahawk missile to my crotch, then Biden.

Welcome to the forum, spokesperson for corporate America. I solute your efforts to bring down the single politician that is a threat to your pockets. May you continue to pollute our planet, inject untested/unsafe/ineffective potions into our populations, continue with forever wars and military industrial complex, and cover our earth with useless solar/wind and not a few safe nuclear plants. Which, holy chit folks we got member who is also smarter than Elon Musk on here. Who woulda thunk!

FWIW my choices in this current race would be RFK, then Trump, then tomahawk missile to my crotch, then Biden.

Personal attacks - classy move!

Elon musk is also a formerly bright engineer turned insufferable megalomaniac.

I never said I was Pro-pollution or that RFK is wrong about wanting to stop corporate pillaging of our ecosystem. I also have zero financial stake in any power generating industry. I spend my free time restoring watersheds and ungulate habitats.

Take a breath and realize your candidate has zero chance of winning, and is also a completely out of touch elite class dweller that likes the outdoors.

I for one wish there was a candidate that had more than one thing in common with me. Instead we get a choice of three brain dead geriatrics.

Take a breath and realize your candidate has zero chance of winning
I find that is why we will never be rid of the 2 party system. The laws make it tough to be but it can be done. Independents have won elections.

So to take the easy route, folks will not vote for who is best. Instead they listen to these dumb statements saying he/she will never win. Don’t waste your vote…. These type of comments are what will keep us in the 2 party cesspool.

Last edited:
I find that is why we will never be rid of the 2 party system. The laws make it tough to be but it can be done. Independents have won elections.

So to take the easy route, folks will not vote for who is best. Instead they listen to these dumb statements saying he/she will never win. Don’t waste your vote…. These type of comments are what will keep use in the 2 party cesspool.
If there was a middle-of-the-road, level-headed, meritocratic candidate that appealed to the majority of Americans, then a 3rd party candidate could win. I was BEGGING for a reasonable candidate since 2016, but we got Gary Johnson and now RFK. The DNC and GOP corporations will control Red and Blue, but why can't we get anyone else? I suppose it's because you need BIG money to propel yourself to the national stage and above the noise floor. I don't think either the DNC or GOP want campaign finance reform. Sucks.

That's pretty harsh. If you listened, Bobby admitted he knew very little about the newer methods of producing nuclear energy. He didn't ever satisfactorily answer Steve's question about our fears that we would cover up grass and sage lands with solar, as Wyoming is doing, though.

I enjoyed how when it came to making changes he had ideas but was also taking into consideration how it affected the standard norm. I felt like he would be someone who wouldn't just change something to change it but would have a long term plan. Unlike how today it seems decisions are just made because they are the hot topic without thinking about the down the line consequences. I liked his power thoughts and the fact that it really is a national security threat along with his knowledge and ideas on polluters. For a politician he even showed that he was not knowledgeable enough on the snake river damn topic to really voice an opinion on whether to do it or not.

Personally I think there is more potential for the future of our country with him opposed to the other two options. But again that doesn't really take a whole lot.

Dude is just wasting his time talking. Has zero chance of having even the slightest impact on the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back