Advertisement

More selling of public lands - Sorry

I couldn't help myself. Barstool attorneys always crack me up.
Well done! It will be interesting to see if he replies. He sometimes has a way of disappearing for a couple of weeks when the opposition starts popping up.

More from Colorado...

http://www.denverpost.com/willoughb...lorado-outdoors-house-bill-1322-qualifies-bad

And the unstated consequence of the bill is that 100 percent of public hunting, fishing and recreational access on 23 million acres of federal lands in Colorado would be eliminated.

The stock answer as to why is a belief that the federal government does a poor job of managing its public lands. And Sonnenberg, chairman of the House Agriculture, Livestock and Natural Resources Committee, has a long history as an adversary of public land ownership and an advocate of private property rights.

By suggesting such legislation, Sonnenberg and Senate co-sponsors Sen. Scott Renfroe (R-Greeley) and Sen. Mark Scheffel (R-Parker) become players in a small Western movement promoting privatized hunting under the premise of benefiting the resource. Legislators from a few other Western states have submitted similar bills based upon a template proposed in Utah by Republican Rep. Ken Ivory. The controversial Utah-based conservation group Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife, founded by Don Peay, also has encouraged such a model.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back