Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Moose tag

Danders134

Soooo I didn't want to have to do this, but I am going to need all the help I can get.. Wanted to hunt this tag diy and not end up shooting a moose out of somebodys hayfield. Yes I drew the oil moose tag in 380, but two weeks ago i broke my leg and had to have screws put in, 6 wks non weight bearing kind of puts a damper on both archery and moose opener... Enough of the pity party, will be open to any and all info that I can get at this point. Hopefully somebody with the elk tag will be able to assist and i will document any big bull sightings..

With a heavily roaded unit like 380, driving as much as possible during the rut and also talking to as many people (elk hunters, etc) will likely be your best bet. This seems true for most units that are relatively open and roaded, whether you are able to hike or not. They're hard to pin down when on the move but you're odds go up when you can increase your footprint. Road hunting gets a bad rap but it's sure effective for moose hunting.

Good luck and hope you heal up soon.

Go buy a sheet of plywood and paint free beer for moose information and whiskey for bulls and set it up by the road and go camp in your unit I bet you make some friends and get some intel. Also be surprised if you couldn’t get a couple guys drunk enough to volunteer to help

Advertisement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back