Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

44hunter45's 2024 backcountry Idaho Moose semi-live hunt thread.

I thought that barrel looked pretty stout. @44hunter45 better hit the weight room. Like you, I bet it will handle recoil well.
Just back from the range. It's still a healthy push but it's not unpleasant.

@p_ham what is the rifle with the octagonal (?) barrel second from the left?
Marlin 336 takedown that I'm building. It's a shop gun so sort of on the back burner until I get caught up a bit.

@44hunter45
Happy to hear the gabapentin seems to be helping. My recommendation (worth what you paid for it!) is to get off of the stuff with your physicians guidance as soon as possible for your dental health’s sake. Super dry mouth side effect, and sometimes massive tooth decay issues for longer term users. (And if you do get dry mouth symptoms: sugar-less gum, mints for the win, along with Biotene brand toothpaste, mouthwash)

@44hunter45
Happy to hear the gabapentin seems to be helping. My recommendation (worth what you paid for it!) is to get off of the stuff with your physicians guidance as soon as possible for your dental health’s sake. Super dry mouth side effect, and sometimes massive tooth decay issues for longer term users. (And if you do get dry mouth symptoms: sugar-less gum, mints for the win, along with Biotene brand toothpaste, mouthwash)
They have told me it is rare that my condition lasts longer than 1 year. They will wean me off in a year or less. Not negotiable, they say.

Clearing off the hand loading bench and will spend Friday in a chair by the mailbox.

Opted not to go with Hammers for this adventure. I will be working up loads for 250 Speer Grand Slam, 275 Woodleigh PP Weldcore, and 275 Swift A-Frame.

If those don't shoot well, I will try Hawke bullets. I have about 50 Bitterroot Bonded bullets, too.

Something will work.

Whichever groups best will be my go-to.

I will use Hammers later on elk when I get an opportunity.

Taking a break from the Olympics drama thread. The usual SNAFU with the Saturday mail carrier over the weekend. I had to go to the P.O. today and sign for the rifle shipment from @p_ham. Like a kid with a long package under the tree unboxing it.

1722882023142.jpeg

Pretty enough to be a safe queen, but she will never be.

I will be doing throat measurements tonight for seating depths and get started on my load workups. I will have a sore shoulder on Saturday.

Cycling the dummy loads I made for Paul, it feeds like butter. Do they make 310gr RN in .338"? I don't think so. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
explorer's_workbench
Back