Lets see your fishing boat!

Came to say the same thing. Ice fishing I’ve watched guys get to an area, drill a hole to drop their live scope, move 100 feet, drill a hole to drop their live scope, move 40 feet, and repeat that process until they are on top of that school fish.

It's like the people who design this stuff don't realize that ice fishing is about day drinking.

C'mon people.

WI had it up for debate at the spring meeting and it got tabled until next year on whether or not to ban those dang live scopes. It's more of a game changer ice fishing than open water and bordline cheating. It's almost the equivalent of like being able to shoot a deer at night while using a thermal
It's often hard for fish managers to say a piece of tech could be a game changer for populations and go to far, but this one I can say is causing real concerns. Absolutely makes a huge difference in some fishing, eg. for muskies.

It's often hard for fish managers to say a piece of tech could be a game changer for populations and go to far, but this one I can say is causing real concerns. Absolutely makes a huge difference in some fishing, eg. for muskies.
You should see how powerful it is for finding post-spawn walleyes on the river. Literally guys just floating and moving across the river until they find the school and then they cast into where they exactly are and start catching them one after another. It was sickening watching this happen this spring on the local river by my work.

You should see how powerful it is for finding post-spawn walleyes on the river. Literally guys just floating and moving across the river until they find the school and then they cast into where they exactly are and start catching them one after another. It was sickening watching this happen this spring on the local river by my work.

How is it much different than targeting rising trout, or fishing behind redds, hitting tailing permit or dorado crashing bait? Sight casting to fish is a time-tested approach. Forward facing sonar doesn't get the fish to eat, it just lets you target them where they are.

It does remove a ton of experience that was previously needed to be successful on the water, which is both a blessing and a curse.

It's like the people who design this stuff don't realize that ice fishing is about day drinking.

C'mon people.
I always drill 2 1/2 holes. 2 fish and another almost through the ice to keep my bottle of schnapps nice and cold! I am ashamed to admit there were times before I had an electric auger I would only drill 1 1/2 holes.

My favorite ice fishing spot is right outside a bar window up north. Seriously the fishing is pretty good but the problem was we had this thing where every flag you had to do a shot. Kepper fish=cherry doctor. Small fish=whiskey. No fish=rail gin.

You would start to not even bait your lines

Oh how we can relate.

Wife sent with the caption, good retirement gig!

View attachment 329849
I used a photo like this last week in a boaters safety class. When we were kids we either backed the trailer or drive the boat. When my oldest brother turned 14 we all went to the high school parking lot and learned how to back a dam trailer.

1000004767-jpg.318580

1000004768-jpg.318581

View attachment 327945

View attachment 327949

2012 Hewescraft Sportsman 160
90hp Yahama 4s
9.9hp Yamaha 4s with Garmin autopilot
Minnkota Terrova ipilot
Hummingbird helix 10 dash, helix 7 stern
Canon mag10hs downriggers
Cisco tracks, scotty and down east rodholders
Big jon mast and otterboard

We like to troll. :cool: Hard to beat this style boat for trolling and so glad I found this boat. Hard to believe it's only 16.5ft. Can't imagine how big @Sytes boat feels.
If I ever get another boat when I sell mine I want one just like this. Perfect size

Back