Influencers Ruining Stuff

Ooof, I recognized the mountains in the first three seconds. I only watched the first ~minute or so and my takeaway was who gives an influencer tips on where to go? In the world of hunting and fishing, I find it to be quite unfortunate that we seem to have a human desire to try to impress people whom we believe to be important. My guess is the ‘Ryan’ he referred to would have been tight lipped to most folks, but because he follows the channel, he blew up his own spot. To me, it seems to be in the same vein as buying a wolf baculum because it is being sold by an influencer when they would otherwise find it weird, like super weird.

It’s hard for me to grasp the influencers thought process other than getting an adrenaline high from the likes. Once they burn a spot to the ground they just move on to the next with no regard to the people that have put the research and time in to learn them.

I think to most influencers, the attention they get and money is way more important than the actual hunting/fishing experience. I know some that try to be influencers, and they’re not bad guys, but they’re mostly going from spot to spot without any concern of burning spots as they have no intentions of going back themselves. It’s all about content to attract more followers. Influencers crave attention above all else.

Does he name the place in the video?
You don’t have to name a place to spot burn it, not that hard to figure out where someone is hunting/fishing anymore. I know some amazing internet scouts. 10 years ago I found a video on YouTube of giant cuttys and in 1 hour of research figured out where it was, this place. That video and a couple others were since deleted to protect it, but only locals would know that stuff, NRs don’t care. Currently, there are only 2 videos I can find on YouTube of the place, both non-resident influencers.

Let’s post about how special the spot is on forums to make it better.
Would rather run into a HTer with similar values than some dude with a film crew and a giant ego when out and about.
There are no secret spots anymore, doesn't matter who posts what. If it did, you aren't helping by sharing it on a public forum
Exactly, no secret spots anymore. Might be better to draw attention to the issue and call out these people when this stuff occurs. Not doing anymore harm than a 25 minute video on YouTube.

Man i've watched some of that guys fly tying stuff. What a nerd.

I don't like seeing spots getting blown up on the internet as much as the next guy, but to be honest if every spot in the world gets blown up on the internet, they'll eventually all get so diluted that it has little to no effect anymore right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MidwestSniper03
Back