WTB: Leupold 2.5-8x36

MinnesotaHunter

I am looking to find a non-CDS Leupold VX-III,3,3i 2.5-8x36 to put on my 336 dirty 30. It currently has a 1.5-5 that I had lying around, but I would like a little more light gathering ability without compromising too much on size.

If anyone has one they would be willing to part with, let's chat.

Maybe a Scout Ross...

I think that scope is the best all around optic out there, when you consider magnification range, light transmission & price. I gave my FIL one for his 35 Remington.

I'm going to be looking for one for my 06 to switch out the 3.5x10. The other good option from Leupold is the old VX6 1-6.

I think that scope is the best all around optic out there, when you consider magnification range, light transmission & price. I gave my FIL one for his 35 Remington.

I'm going to be looking for one for my 06 to switch out the 3.5x10. The other good option from Leupold is the old VX6 1-6.
I am sure leupold’s marketing team know what they are doing, but eliminating the option for a capped turret on that model makes me wonder….

I am sure leupold’s marketing team know what they are doing, but eliminating the option for a capped turret on that model makes me wonder….

The HD has the zerolock dial. Although, in your neck of the woods, holdover for 75 versus 50 isn't really calling for a dial. ;)

The HD has the zerolock dial. Although, in your neck of the woods, holdover for 75 versus 50 isn't really calling for a dial. ;)
I have the skinner sight zeroed at 100, and the current scope (VX-3 1.5-5) zeroed at 160yds (+2.5" at 100 and -4" at 200). I would have stuck it out with the 1.5-5, but given big woods beer hunting can be a low light afair, I thought a little more light gathering would be a good idea. I killed a couple of pigs with the setup last winter and it is a blast to hunt with.

I have the skinner sight zeroed at 100, and the current scope (VX-3 1.5-5) zeroed at 160yds (+2.5" at 100 and -4" at 200). I would have stuck it out with the 1.5-5, but given big woods beer hunting can be a low light afair, I thought a little more light gathering would be a good idea. I killed a couple of pigs with the setup last winter and it is a blast to hunt with.

Ummmmmmm

I had that exact scope on my rifle and “upgraded” to a VX-6 2-12. I liked the 2.5-8 better. Someday I’ll buy another rifle for the sole purpose of giving that scope a home.

You sure it's not so you can shoot piggies from a plastic blind over bait :D

Glad you came across one, they bring almost new money.

I have 2 of these on model sevens (varix iii and a vx3i) and I’m not sure they build a better hunting scope. I hated that they added the cds as the standard option. I have a 336 I’m considering scoping, thinking about giving the freedom a shot in either the 1.5-4 or 2-7

Glad you came across one, they bring almost new money.

I have 2 of these on model sevens (varix iii and a vx3i) and I’m not sure they build a better hunting scope. I hated that they added the cds as the standard option. I have a 336 I’m considering scoping, thinking about giving the freedom a shot in either the 1.5-4 or 2-7
I have a 1.5-4 freedom on an AR. I really like it.

I think you will really like your new scope. I am more than impressed with mine.
I think the VX2 2-7 s are a great scope as well. Never owned one but I have a cousin that put on his 444 marlin. When I looked thru it I was very impressed. Anyone wanting a scope like this and cant find a VX3 the VX2 will due great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntTalkMa’am
Back