Caribou Gear Tarp

Im bowing out

In that case Hank I say bring it on. In all seriousness though I've said for years there's so many people who just shouldn't reproduce. I liked it better back when if you were that dumb you starved to death much cleaner gene pool.
Really? You were alive in the 1800's? The Depression?
I don't think a honor student could pass a GED from my HS class these days. Lack of school funding IMHO.
Came from a post WWII/Depression family of 6 kids. I decided there were too many people and we did hit a balance in growth for a few years.
Never had kids of my own by choice. Help raise a few. Always paid my share and then some.

Folks struggling ,because you can let them does not seem the answer to me.

I must admit nowadays I would just let you lay if a came across you, most likely. No urge to EMT or be a peace official anymore. Folks like you are why. I've become callous too.

But hey, I fought for your right to stay the hell away from me.

Really? You were alive in the 1800's? The Depression?
I don't think a honor student could pass a GED from my HS class these days. Lack of school funding IMHO.
Came from a post WWII/Depression family of 6 kids. I decided there were too many people and we did hit a balance in growth for a few years.
Never had kids of my own by choice. Help raise a few. Always paid my share and then some.

Folks struggling ,because you can let them does not seem the answer to me.

I must admit nowadays I would just let you lay if a came across you, most likely. No urge to EMT or be a peace official anymore. Folks like you are why. I've become callous too.

But hey, I fought for your right to stay the hell away from me.
Hank I think you took that post the wrong way, have a good evening.

Actually my buddy said he signed up for a service that actively markets your home sale to licensed realtors to then bid on the opportunity to sell your home. Not just commission rates but marketing, cleaning, setup, etc. I was shocked when he told me the package some were offering.
I was just told 37 percent of the realtors in my area had zero sales last year. So how factual, I’m not sure , but this guy is heavily involved in real estate locally. If it’s true I would think realtors would be pretty open to negotiate.

I was just told 37 percent of the realtors in my area had zero sales last year. So how factual, I’m not sure , but this guy is heavily involved in real estate locally. If it’s true I would think realtors would be pretty open to negotiate.
The biggest issue with picking an agent is the low barrier to entry leaves a lot of inexperienced agents. I own a real estate brokerage with around 70 agents. Some will negotiate, others not so much. As a general rule, you get what you pay for. The experienced and established agents get more for their work because they do a better job. It's just like every other profession.

I had a guy tell me he didn't want a listing agent because he could sell his house on his own in this market and his daughter is a real estate attorney and could help with the paperwork. He was going to sell it for $499k. I showed him what I could do and we closed two weeks ago for $690k, plus he gets to live there rent-free for two months to make sure he could find another home to buy. We sign on the purchase tomorrow.

In my (obviously biased) opinion, a good agent is worth their cost, but everybody has the right to decide if they hire an agent, who lists their home, and to try and work out whatever rate they both agree on. The key is to have open communication so everybody knows what to expect.

The last three weeks I've seen more houses come up for sale than I did probably all last summer here. Not that there any cheaper but at least it's a start of at least having more than one house to knife fight other potential buyers in the driveway for.
Anybody else seeing this or is it just here locally?

Not here. Townhouse next door went on the market last Thursday. Open houses Thursday 4-6, Friday 4-6, Saturday 2-5 and Sunday 2-5. Constant stream of people. Sale pending Monday evening.

Not here. Townhouse next door went on the market last Thursday. Open houses Thursday 4-6, Friday 4-6, Saturday 2-5 and Sunday 2-5. Constant stream of people. Sale pending Monday evening.
Well if that was here it would have been sale pending Friday morning.

The biggest issue with picking an agent is the low barrier to entry leaves a lot of inexperienced agents. I own a real estate brokerage with around 70 agents. Some will negotiate, others not so much. As a general rule, you get what you pay for. The experienced and established agents get more for their work because they do a better job. It's just like every other profession.

I had a guy tell me he didn't want a listing agent because he could sell his house on his own in this market and his daughter is a real estate attorney and could help with the paperwork. He was going to sell it for $499k. I showed him what I could do and we closed two weeks ago for $690k, plus he gets to live there rent-free for two months to make sure he could find another home to buy. We sign on the purchase tomorrow.

In my (obviously biased) opinion, a good agent is worth their cost, but everybody has the right to decide if they hire an agent, who lists their home, and to try and work out whatever rate they both agree on. The key is to have open communication so everybody knows what to expect.

Going with no agent or a cheap one seems great until things go sideways.

Based on the way we are continuing to use resources, watching land disappear to development, and where the world in general is headed limiting how many children you have may not be the worst thought ever.

How low do you consider is low enough?

The total fertility rate — the average number of children a woman is expected to have over her lifetime — now sits at 1.64 children per woman in the U.S. Not only is this the lowest rate recorded since the government began tracking these stats in the 1930s, but it's well below the so-called “replacement-level fertility ...Jun 9, 2021

My perception is an experienced and established agent would from a revenue perspective be more interested with working with someone in the McMansion market than someone looking for a "starter" home, so lip service to non McMansion folks and take them to a website, while work harder for McMansion folks? If that is true, would an inexperienced agent tend to work harder for non-McMansion folks?

Here in Dillon a friend bought a house in like 2018 for $160k fast forward to 2020 she needed to move and house sells for $225 and within 15 months the same house sold for $325. It is now for rent for $1600/month :rolleyes:.
This is the actual problem. Banks/investors/foreigners etc are viewing property as cash cows and buying more and more just to turn into rentals.

Single family homes shouldn't be allowed to be rental properties. Let alone to people that do not live in the country.

It is the exact opposite. My kids were doing math and physics in 9th grade I didn't see until I was in college.
Hell ,I could have been a math wiz if I had a calculator in my hand since birth.

Pardon me I guess I'm ignorant.

This is the actual problem. Banks/investors/foreigners etc are viewing property as cash cows and buying more and more just to turn into rentals.

Single family homes shouldn't be allowed to be rental properties. Let alone to people that do not live in the country.
Banning non-occupant sales doesn't fix much of the problem. In any market, "evil speculators" provide liquidity and help set a rational floor during down markets. The same is true for housing. As for non-rental o single family - does that mean if you need housing for 2 years due to job change, or can't get financing, or maybe are retired and downsizing, your only lawful option is an apartment complex? There are lots of people who do want or need single-family rentals. The problem is not that there are too many, probably there are too few given zoning and HOA restrictions.

Our issues with housing shortage/pricing are not too little government regulation and picking of winners and losers. It is unintended (or in some cases intended) consequences of a market that is getting way too much government love these days.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back