I may be getting old...

Up or not, you were right that it was absolutely unacceptable. EVERYONE has some job to do, but doing any type of "noisy job" before a reasonable hour ( I would say 8 but I'd even give some grace to 7) is BS. Folks living near a job site of any type deserve peace and quiet until regular work hours.

Up or not, you were right that it was absolutely unacceptable. EVERYONE has some job to do, but doing any type of "noisy job" before a reasonable hour ( I would say 8 but I'd even give some grace to 7) is BS. Folks living near a job site of any type deserve peace and quiet until regular work hours.
I did look it up and there is indeed a noise ordinance from 9:30pm until 6:30am and low flying airplanes are noted on the list. I was not out of line. He legally can't be operating for his job until 6:30am

If you live around AG this is just something you should expect and not complain about.
Beats living in a metro area and all the noises and lights associated with such. Majority of the season AG country is quiet and peaceful.

Don't be a Karen !

If you live around AG this is just something you should expect and not complain about.
Beats living in a metro area and all the noises and lights associated with such. Majority of the season AG country is quiet and peaceful.

Don't be a Karen !
^This ! I have a hard time with people moving to the country then trying to city it up . I had a couple buy ten acres next to me and then bitch about my horses manure in the fields , said it was drawing flies .
Or , down here , they buy on a golf course then complain about the grounds crew mowing before sun up , and if the crew waits , they bitch about them mowing while they're playing .
I'm old too , but I try not to be a Karen .

Don't be a Karen !

You must not have lived in ag country since they pulled plows with horses. It damn sure ain't quiet. Not even a little.

Frankly I don't feel you are out of line. Even by AG standards thats pretty early to be buzzing your house. I get up shortly after 4 am so I would be out there drinking coffee
Watching the show but not everyone gets up that early.

Last night, we lost a huge red oak. It hit a pair of fences but nothing major. Could easily have chopped in half my barn/shop with it's week-old paint job and 3 day or new roof. Though it will be in the 90s today, I didn't fire up my chainsaw at 5 am just because it was cooler then. I can wait. Just common curtesy. The rifle ranges in rural locations all over the country generally don't start shooting before 8 am though the winds are way down and it is generally nice and cool.

There are other fields to dust that probably don't involved a 100ft flyover before 6am. A bit more planning would be considerate.

And the bastards that insist on jake-braking at any time of the day, much less 3 am, deserve to be shot. Just sayin'

He's not flying that early just to be an asshole.
Mornings are usually calm and it's a great time for them to spray.
Safer for the pilot and minimal spray drift.
I bet he's just trying to get as much work in during optimal conditions.
You are certainly correct. It has been very windy with lots of rain around by us lately and most of the tractor sprayers are having difficulty getting into the fields due to them being wet. To top it off, the very wet start has resulted in a massive weed growth. I'm sure he is slammed way more than normal right now and it is already windy out where I'm sure he can't no longer fly. He took a chance at going early and ignoring the rules and as a result, he got yelled at. His boss just called me to apologize and mentioned that they know the rules and he shouldn't have been flying that early.

I grew up in an ag community and worked cotton/grain fields from the age of 13. So I'm in the camp of this is just part of being in this setting. After all...you did choose this specific location to live in. And I doubt they tore buildings down after you moved in, to plant crops. Those who farm for a living are up long before the dew dries and work till after it falls again.

You are certainly correct. It has been very windy with lots of rain around by us lately and most of the tractor sprayers are having difficulty getting into the fields due to them being wet. To top it off, the very wet start has resulted in a massive weed growth. I'm sure he is slammed way more than normal right now and it is already windy out where I'm sure he can't no longer fly. He took a chance at going early and ignoring the rules and as a result, he got yelled at. His boss just called me to apologize and mentioned that they know the rules and he shouldn't have been flying that early.

Glad talking to the manager brought you enjoyment and they admitted wrongdoing, and they reprimanded an employee just doing his job. That's like the holy grail of vindication for a Karen

How long have you lived there? Is this a new farm practice? When I was a kid on the Palouse you knew it was going to be a pretty summer day because you were woken early by crop dusters. They spray early to limit drift. Still makes me nostalgic. Lots of folks move to the country thinking it's all peace and quiet but then there's dust and stink and animals and chemicals and facts o' farm life. I'm hoping you and the crop dusting company can talk it out and find some kind of compromise. I thought the response was a cool-headed answer to a middle finger.

Back