Here comes Utah YET AGAIN

I trust Utah to "manage" their lands about as much as I trust my dog not to eat the pizza off my counter when I leave the room. I mean, what's not to trust about a guy like Reyes?

More lovely reading.

Speaking as a non-LDS part-time resident, without a fiscal plan by which the state will “manage” these lands, the fiscal plan is obvious. The state will divvy up exploitative rights to well-connected LDS affiliated individuals and groups to rape the land and put money into the coffers of the church. That’s just the way things work here.

It just goes to show how exposed Cox feels in this election vs. his MAGA backed challenger. Reyes is a whole other story - he turns down Mike Lee’s bed at night.

Speaking as a non-LDS part-time resident, without a fiscal plan by which the state will “manage” these lands, the fiscal plan is obvious. The state will divvy up exploitative rights to well-connected LDS affiliated individuals and groups to rape the land and put money into the coffers of the church. That’s just the way things work here.

It just goes to show how exposed Cox feels in this election vs. his MAGA backed challenger. Reyes is a whole other story - he turns down Mike Lee’s bed at night.
As a member of the LDS Church, I think you’re painting the “Church” unnecessarily in a negative connotation.

The fact is that Utah has A LOT of LDS church members, the same as Italy has a lot of Catholics.

It’s greedy people, not the Church that’s the problem.

Good and bad people everywhere.

PS. I am also frustrated by our elected officials in Utah.

Last edited:
As a member of the LDS Church, I think you’re painting the “Church” unnecessarily in a negative connotation.

The fact is that Utah has A LOT of LDS church members, the same as Italy has a lot of Catholics.

It’s people, not the Church that’s the problem.

Good and bad people everywhere.
Didn’t mean to imply that the church is the problem. The lack of separation between church and state, IMO, is problematic and creates conflicts. The lack of transparency in church owned/controlled entities that receive preferential treatment from UT government is problematic.

If you want to debate whether my statement about entities directly or loosely affiliated with the LDS church would benefit from this, I’d welcome that. History is not on your side.

Again, I have no issues with with LDS faith or those who follow it. My issue is when it gets so intertwined with government that you can’t tell the difference. I feel the same about any religion.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back