Caribou Gear Tarp

Here comes Utah YET AGAIN

Didn’t mean to imply that the church is the problem. The lack of separation between church and state, IMO, is problematic and creates conflicts. The lack of transparency in church owned/controlled entities that receive preferential treatment from UT government is problematic.

If you want to debate whether my statement about entities directly or loosely affiliated with the LDS church would benefit from this, I’d welcome that. History is not on your side.

Again, I have no issues with with LDS faith or those who follow it. My issue is when it gets so intertwined with government that you can’t tell the difference. I feel the same about any religion.
Fair point.

Fair point.
Thanks for that.

The other interesting point, similar to national politics, is that Salt Lake County and Summit County - both now having LDS citizens comprising less than 50% of the population, now account for almost half the population of the state. But given the composition of the state government, LDS dominated districts have massive control of both the House and Senate. So disproportionate influence vs. population. Not saying that I agree agree with the politics of Salt Lake or Summit counties, but rather that the “A LOT” of LDS influence is out of proportion to the actual population.

Thanks for that.

The other interesting point, similar to national politics, is that Salt Lake County and Summit County - both now having LDS citizens comprising less than 50% of the population, now account for almost half the population of the state. But given the composition of the state government, LDS dominated districts have massive control of both the House and Senate. So disproportionate influence vs. population. Not saying that I agree agree with the politics of Salt Lake or Summit counties, but rather that the “A LOT” of LDS influence is out of proportion to the actual population.
We both agree there absolutely should be State and Church separation.

However, going back to my analogy with Catholics in Italy, it’s a constant battle between greedy and not greedy.

Good points shared. Thank you for that.

Last edited:
Utah needs at least triple the amount of homes it currently has,the state is seriously booming in population from California folks.
To steal a (modified) phrase from a movie I love, “If you don’t build it, they won’t come.”

2034 Olympics here is only going to make it worse. I witnessed what happened after 2002. It’s like Randy exposing exposing your favorite honey hole to 100M people. It changes things. We can’t stop it. All we can do is try to anticipate it and react accordingly.

In an email Tuesday, University of Utah law professor John Ruple agreed with some of the governor’s sentiment, telling Utah News Dispatch there is room for improvement when it comes to how federal land is managed.

“However, the U.S. Constitution is clear that Congress, not the individual states, makes decisions about our federal public lands,” said Ruple, a research professor of law at the university’s S.J. Quinney College of Law, and director of the Wallace Stegner Center for Land, Resources and the Environment’s Law and Policy Program.

To rule in Utah’s favor, Ruple said the Supreme Court would have to reinterpret longstanding constitutional provisions, upsetting “150 years of settled Supreme Court law and destabilizing land ownership throughout the West.”

“That’s a big lift. I can’t help but wonder whether a less adversarial approach would have been more

I understand that we need to increase housing supply. If they want to use fed land then present plans that address that. A blanket transfer to the state will just end up benefiting greedy rich assholes as is the tradition of the US.

I’m sure that “bleed the beast” is just an empty slogan. I’m sure it’s a coincidence. They’re one of the largest landowners in the western United States and is best positioned to gobble up a bunch more land.
I suppose it’s coincidental that we find its members being the ones pushing transfer.

I drove a lawnmower over my lawn with the blade running and it’s got to be a coincidence that the grass got shorter.

I understand that we need to increase housing supply. If they want to use fed land then present plans that address that. A blanket transfer to the state will just end up benefiting greedy rich assholes as is the tradition of the US.
I can look at where I live and while the housing crunch isn’t severe it’s also completely unaffordable for anyone without a pile of money to purchase a home. At yet at the same time every house being built is huge and on multiple acres.

I can see a lot of privately owned land that can support way way more homes before we start destroying our public lands

I’m sure that “bleed the beast” is just an empty slogan. I’m sure it’s a coincidence. They’re one of the largest landowners in the western United States and is best positioned to gobble up a bunch more land.
I suppose it’s coincidental that we find its members being the ones pushing transfer.

I drove a lawnmower over my lawn with the blade running and it’s got to be a coincidence that the grass got shorter.
They have been buying up farm ground around me. I wonder why they aren’t starting with that for housing developments…

Reactions: OMB

Just think how much more money they would have if soda station was open on Sunday

If you put a wall on Utah, where would all tge wyomingites go? No one spends more time in SLC than Wyoming plates.

I'm also not super worried, the public land in public hand crew, gathered in Minneapolis this year, the heart of public land, so I'm sure it's good, IPA sales were great.

Mike Shultz is just another front row Mormon, who believes God only sees on Sunday.

Mormon greed is no different than any other greed.

Other than Grizzly and myself, I'm guessing it will be the usual granola eaters that actually comment or talk to our reps.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back