Here comes Utah YET AGAIN

Politicians both parties: we need to be likable and relatable to the general public

Republicans: the land that you recreate and enjoy family time on, should be liquidated so that the Mormon church can add billions of dollars to their billions of dollars

Democrats: that dude with the 7 inch hairy @#)(# should compete against and shower next to your 17-year-old daughter in high school
And you shouldn’t complain, because you need to be working, as the $35,000 in income taxes you’ve paid isn’t near enough
Public lands = #landback and solar potential.

Both: sorry that you’re struggling but we are canceling hot lunch at middle school, there are three-year-olds with brown skin somewhere in the Middle East that we know will grow up to be terrorists, and we need the funds to vaporize them with state of the art weaponry
It’s almost unicorn season bud take a breathe

The hypocrisy of some knows no bounds, a little throwback to 2017 when some in Utah wanted to pass HR 621 - only wanting the transfer of 3m acres, instead of the currently proposed 18.5m.

1.png

It's clearly evident those in power are so drunk with power and greed that they'll sale everything and anything for the mighty dollar.

Politicians both parties: we need to be likable and relatable to the general public

Republicans: the land that you recreate and enjoy family time on, should be liquidated so that the Mormon church can add billions of dollars to their billions of dollars

Democrats: that dude with the 7 inch hairy @#)(# should compete against and shower next to your 17-year-old daughter in high school
And you shouldn’t complain, because you need to be working, as the $35,000 in income taxes you’ve paid isn’t near enough
Public lands = #landback and solar potential.

Both: sorry that you’re struggling but we are canceling hot lunch at middle school, there are three-year-olds with brown skin somewhere in the Middle East that we know will grow up to be terrorists, and we need the funds to vaporize them with state of the art weaponry

In summation:

1000005211.jpg

Developers in MT claim there's no $$$ to be made building starter homes. Even the cookie cutter small lot homes popping up are all built with high end finishes. HGTV makes everyone think they need quartz counter tops, stainless steel appliances, and tile everything for their first home.
Preach, I feel the same about cars. I don't need a touchscreen and a heated seat, I don't give a damn what your focus group told you

200w.gif

Something is really off on that map is regarding Oklahoma. There is plenty of BIA land in OK, but not as much as indicated.
It appears as if that map is portraying the aftermath of the McGirt decision in the supreme court, wherein Justice Neil Gorsuch wrote the decision which states that congress never formally or legally annexed much of the Indian land originally reserved for the 5 nations. The decision was important, but it didn't really provide a framework for how that land return should happen. The status of land in Oklahoma has somewhat been in limbo since.

To steal a (modified) phrase from a movie I love, “If you don’t build it, they won’t come.”

2034 Olympics here is only going to make it worse. I witnessed what happened after 2002. It’s like Randy exposing exposing your favorite honey hole to 100M people. It changes things. We can’t stop it. All we can do is try to anticipate it and react accordingly.
My experience from living in a Colorado mountain town has been the opposite of “don’t build it”. What has happened here is the wealthier folks will still come, pay over asking price for properties that locals can’t afford, and drive up the values further. Or they will rent said property for inflated amounts while they build their “dream” home on another 35 acre or larger parcel, thereby further driving up local housing costs and construction rates impacting wildlife habitat and closing off access to public lands in the process. But hey it’s a free country isn’t it? You are 100% right about the Olympics though. Basically saying the same thing here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back