Grouse! Let’s See Them

Since the bow was out of commission all I could do was watch and dream about fat little mountain chicken tendies.
You need to learn how to throw rocks. You haven't had the primal experience of your life until you have killed one with a rock!

My first ruffed grouse of the year and the first bird killed with the first SxS I've ever owned🙂
I've wanted a SxS for some time but couldn't find one that fit naturally. Ran across this Weatherby Orion 20ga sxs and immediately knew. View attachment 341171
That looks like a pretty nice SxS but that Weatherby name like it is just turns me off. I didn't know Weatherby made any shotguns much less a SxS with double triggers. If they'd change that name on it to script and not fill it with gold and somewhat smaller that would really look nice to me. Like I said, Really nice looking except for the bill board on the action!

While we're discussing mtn chicken...

1. Has anyone seen/hunted grouse in the Wheeler Peak wilderness? and
2. How weird or not weird would it be for the recurve to accidentally get packed for a trip in a few weeks and for that recurve to accidentally maybe get brought up Wheeler Peak on a 'summit attempt' with ~10 ladies on a "girl bonding trip" to maybe thump some duskies on the way up/down....

....asking for a friend....

While we're discussing mtn chicken...

1. Has anyone seen/hunted grouse in the Wheeler Peak wilderness? and
2. How weird or not weird would it be for the recurve to accidentally get packed for a trip in a few weeks and for that recurve to accidentally maybe get brought up Wheeler Peak on a 'summit attempt' with ~10 ladies on a "girl bonding trip" to maybe thump some duskies on the way up/down....

....asking for a friend....
It will be potentially very weird up until the moment you prepare the grouse over an open fire and they bite into it. After that point, they will all be bringing a bow on such a trip.

That looks like a pretty nice SxS but that Weatherby name like it is just turns me off. I didn't know Weatherby made any shotguns much less a SxS with double triggers. If they'd change that name on it to script and not fill it with gold and somewhat smaller that would really look nice to me. Like I said, Really nice looking except for the bill board on the action!
Personal taste is certainly that, personal. I've always felt a person should stay with their own likes when buying. For this purchase fit and function was what mattered to me, as is often the case when I buy outdoor gear. I'd have bought it if the name was in neon pink spelled backwards & upside down. 😉
Have a great season!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJschilling
Back