Great gifts this Christmas!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
It does but probably not what you're thinking. The '03A3 had a peep standard issue. This is an '03 (1918 manufacture yr) which came standard with a ladder style sight. It has however, been sporterized and now sports a Lyman model 57.View attachment 123783
I like the ladder sight! I had a 1903 for ten years. I miss that thing!

I was gifted a Winchester Model 59 by a newly acquainted family friend. We were hanging out around a fire a couple weeks ago and he was showing us some of his many guns he’s acquired over the years. I was really impressed by the weight of the 59 and how it handled shouldering. We were making sausage last night and he came over and gave it to me. It feels like an honor to accept such a gift.

Mine was an early present but I consider it my gift for my birthday last April, this years Christmas, my birthday again in April, and next Christmas to boot. I got to go on a wolf and grizzly bear hunt on the north side of the Brooks Range in Alaska. I got a gorgeous big old male grizzly bear and I almost got a wolf on the same trip. Caught some grayling and a nice Arctic char. Hunt of a lifetime.

My son came up with this idea. He is down in Texas at Baylor going to school. Almost finished with his double masters degree! (wow). Anyway he and my wife did some checking and in July of next year I'll be flying down to Dallas and my son and I will be going to a concert there. Artists will be Def Leppard, Joan Jett, Poison, and Motley Crew. Man that will be fun! I saw Def Leppard in Bozeman and they were fantastic.

I was gifted a Winchester Model 59 by a newly acquainted family friend. We were hanging out around a fire a couple weeks ago and he was showing us some of his many guns he’s acquired over the years. I was really impressed by the weight of the 59 and how it handled shouldering. We were making sausage last night and he came over and gave it to me. It feels like an honor to accept such a gift.
Quite the gift!

Scored.

5 quart Dutch oven, 3.2quart deep skillet w/skillet cover.

Lovely Hammer Stahl carving set from my sister.

50 oz. French press for camping.

Big-azzed Anker battery pack.

ThermoPro meat thermometer.

Enough candy to get the diabeetus.

And an insulated crate cover for the dingbat (gift to myself).

The highlight for me was a new kuiu pack system.

The gift to ourselves (wife and I) was a new washer and dryer...woohoo!!! 🤣

The coolest for me was 1st and 2nd editions of Idaho's Greatest Mule Deer books. Pretty cool books for any hunter especially the Idahoan who likes reading quick hunting stories.

We went a little crazy early this year.
Our 5 year old over stuffed recliners were killing us. So in October we ordered some Stress Less chairs. Look into them. A little earlier we sold a pickup then traded in a CanAm Commander on a CanAm Defender so much better ride.
Then the other half got me a Benchmade knife to carry. Then yesterday morning he comes in with another package a Stoeger .17 cal air rifle. Lookout collared doves!
We don't do Christmas usually as we're always needing something and just go buy it. But this season was a season to trade up and get better things.
Now I need to find a KHS 29 bicycle for him for his birthday this coming year.
It's so hard to get into the Christmas spirit when you have no family anymore. Glad everyone had a great day.

Reactions: LCH
Mostly non hunting items this year:

• Tool chest for the garage (I think the GF is tired of my tools all over the house...)
  • New low profile car jack
  • Creeper
  • Torque wrenches
  • Gift cards and money for a new kitchen stove (converting over to gas from electric along with updating)

I'm more than happy with what I got honestly, I normally like to buy my own hunting goods for two reasons: I get exactly what I want, and then if I don't like it I don't have anyone to blame but myself :p

Reactions: LCH
I got to introduce my 5 year old to shooting. My 3 year old twins had to get in on the action as well even though they could only hold the BB gun while I pulled the trigger. I did the old Christmas Story reenactment where there was a last “missed” present later in the day.

03391B3B-C43A-42C8-922D-68F79B4B84C4.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back