MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Drew my 1st Montana Speed Goat šŸ Tag

turned in my paperwork for vacation, I had some extra saved up got it approved today ! yee Yee , so now I have the first eight days of season off including friday the day before season opens so I can scout and try to find a buck and make it happen opening morning. With eight full days to hunt Iā€™m feeling pretty confident. I should be able to get a good opportunity on a buck.

Drove out to my buddys ranch in Wyoming to practice shooting at distance. Something I donā€™t normally do , he has targets out to 1500 yds and does long range shooting all the time. So I went to spend time and figure out my rifle at 300 to 400 yds . Just so Iā€™m as comfortable and prepared as I can for the lope hunt.

I donā€™t have a rifle with the ballistics and the present range and distance built in , I'm just old school. My scope is a tree teared multiple crosshairs type , so I spent the afternoon figuring out what crosshairs at distance I need to use

View attachment 338556

The shop
View attachment 338557

Out this window is 100 , 200, 300 yd targets , shooting over some cows. Ha ha ha View attachment 338558

The 400, 500, 700 yd targets is this way
View attachment 338559

Took the longest to figure out where I needed to be at 300 , then at 400yds 1st shot ā€¦. Money ā€¦. Never have tried this distance before
View attachment 338560

Heading back to Billings tomorrow, feeling comfortable and confident if I have to try a longer shot on a buck
If you only shot off of a lead sled, I would suggest that you try some shots off your bipod or off a pack. Your point of impact could be way different. At least, that was my experience.

If you only shot off of a lead sled, I would suggest that you try some shots off your bipod or off a pack. Your point of impact could be way different. At least, that was my experience.
Yeah, I put like almost 50 rounds through the 308 so thatā€™s why I used the sled because I wanted to save my shoulder, 1st time ever using one, not sure if Iā€™ll be able to get back down there before season , itā€™s gonna have to do , I also own a tripod that Iā€™ll have in the truck , never used it for a harvest though

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back