Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Drew my 1st Montana Speed Goat šŸ Tag

Got soccer at 130 then itā€™s gonna be like back to the future trying to get down to the spot with my 6 year old.
As a duck fan being so close to home with the whole week off , driving home for the Ohio st game today is getting tempting, weā€™re off and running
IMG_8247.jpeg

Last edited:
Found a group of 5 , 30 minutes or so after I left my 1st choice , park truck in the trees and ranged them , they were 385. I had 720 yards to work with and the doe did not like that she couldnā€™t hear my truck and even though I was in the trees looking at her, she trotted 50 yards away from me and they all went single file side hill to private ,The last two were bucks and the last one was pretty nice , I was almost 2 hours ago, so Iā€™m gonna go back in park in the trees and kind of use the timber and kind of skirt that see if I can relocate them or what theyā€™re doing. I just let them go. I didnā€™t wanna give Chase to them since they were a little skittish.

After that encounter, I went and found a little high point so I could glass the backside of some BLM had a coyote at 1000 yards. He worked his way into 500 and then I could see two other antelope on a land lock section of private surrounded by BLM they moved and I no longer could see them so I hike back to the truck , kind of drove to see if they popped out anywhere but I think theyā€™re still in there, itā€™s thunder dome out here ha ha ha

My view from my morning sit away from the road watching to see if anything appeared out of a draw hidden from view

IMG_8250.jpeg

IMG_8249.jpeg

If that coyote got in under 400 I was gonna take a poke

Well, I made my loop and got above where those antelope disappeared to, but they were long gone, but I did enjoy the hike and a lot of this you canā€™t see from the road so I like having them picture in my head what the ground looks like, my truck is parked in those trees and those antelope were about couple hundred yards out from the trees and then went through this meadow. Once my truck stopped past this deadfall tree into the timber and never be seen again.damn doe ainā€™t supposed to be that smart
IMG_8251.jpeg

Well, I made my loop and got above where those antelope disappeared to, but they were long gone, but I did enjoy the hike and a lot of this you canā€™t see from the road so I like having them picture in my head what the ground looks like, my truck is parked in those trees and those antelope were about couple hundred yards out from the trees and then went through this meadow. Once my truck stopped past this deadfall tree into the timber and never be seen again.damn doe ainā€™t supposed to be that smart
View attachment 344219
The does are the smartest ones. mtmuley

Showing up late and punching out early tomorrow is my game plan. Leaving the rifle at home and taking the muzzy
I was thinking of sticking to inline this year for antelope. But then I get that thought process of what if I see an exceptional buck at 300. So like most years I take the rifle and shoot one at under 200.šŸ¤£

I was thinking of sticking to inline this year for antelope. But then I get that thought process of what if I see an exceptional buck at 300. So like most years I take the rifle and shoot one at under 200.šŸ¤£
Iā€™ve battled the same demon but I wanna take my kid hunting. The spot we are headed into if I take the rifle it will be to quick of a trip. Grandpa has elk camp set and we are gonna have a good time

Itā€™s quiet again, only seen one truck since 10:30, looks like everyone left after 3 and half hours

Iā€™m gonna head to recon some blm that a friend seen antelope on in the area that I havenā€™t driven to, then I think Iā€™m gonna head home for the Duck game , plus when I was at the store I accidentally ground not instant coffee ā€¦ I had a good laugh this morning, I still drank it , little grainy little grainy

This is some good dirt , know why my friend saw lopes in here
IMG_8254.jpeg
IMG_8253.jpeg

The community has spoken, Iā€™m gonna hunt till dark and watch the game on DVR !! This spot has my fill attention, after I navigate this corner section , thereā€™s a 1000 acres of walkin surrounded by private on all 3 sides , throwing the pack on taking water stay tuned, with 100 rigs on the road this morning not sure if anyone put boots on the ground in there

IMG_8257.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
action
Back