Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ditching GoHunt

I consider GoHunt to be THE most important factor in my ability to draw tags. Year after year it continues proves its value to me.

I have never purchased, owned, or even seen the app.

However, I watched Randy’s YT videos on how the app works. As @Khunter alluded to, the GH presentation format of the draw data drives applicant behavior in highly predictable patterns.

Users think that they are out-smarting other applicants, but in reality they are almost all doing the same thing as one other, and end up piling up their applications for the same tags, and then don’t draw them. Meanwhile, this can dramatically lower draw odds for other tags. (Hint…put your app in for THOSE tags).

Paying the GoHunt subscription is a lose-lose. You lose your money, AND you get worse draw odds (and now, apparently unreliable and shoddy map software).

Subscribers think they are getting “inside intel” on application data. Sure, the first year or two GH was in business this could have been the case. By now, everyone and their cousin, neighbor, and mistress (in some areas of the country those are all all the same person) has GH too.

In for the thread lock…
I don’t disagree to a point, but like was said earlier in the thread it’s alot of data in one spot that most of us use.

Seeing multiple years data on the same page is one of the things I liked. Not having 15 tabs open trying to figure out something. When you apply for multiple states that time you spend adds up. That is where the value is for me. Having the maps was a great add on until they degraded to the stagnation they are in now.

I don’t disagree to a point, but like was said earlier in the thread it’s alot of data in one spot that most of us use.

Seeing multiple years data on the same page is one of the things I liked. Not having 15 tabs open trying to figure out something. When you apply for multiple states that time you spend adds up. That is where the value is for me. Having the maps was a great add on until they degraded to the stagnation they are in now.
It’s actually pretty amazing how often I open Gohunt up through the year and look at things. I also like that I can read a brief summary of the state regs on what weapon restrictions it has and how each draw works before I apply.

It’s actually pretty amazing how often I open Gohunt up through the year and look at things. I also like that I can read a brief summary of the state regs on what weapon restrictions it has and how each draw works before I apply.
Me too, I wonder how much I will miss that.

I consider GoHunt to be THE most important factor in my ability to draw tags. Year after year it continues proves its value to me.

I have never purchased, owned, or even seen the app.

However, I watched Randy’s YT videos on how the app works. As @Khunter alluded to, the GH presentation format of the draw data drives applicant behavior in highly predictable patterns.

Users think that they are out-smarting other applicants, but in reality they are almost all doing the same thing as one other, and end up piling up their applications for the same tags, and then don’t draw them. Meanwhile, this can dramatically lower draw odds for other tags. (Hint…put your app in for THOSE tags).

Paying the GoHunt subscription is a lose-lose. You lose your money, AND you get worse draw odds (and now, apparently unreliable and shoddy map software).

Subscribers think they are getting “inside intel” on application data. Sure, the first year or two GH was in business this could have been the case. By now, everyone and their cousin, neighbor, and mistress (in some areas of the country those are all all the same person) has GH too.

In for the thread lock…
You left out that your membership helps a few of the employees pay for great hunts every year that you wish you could do and also helps pay for films to both exploit wildlife and advertise the company

You left out that your membership helps a few of the employees pay for great hunts every year that you wish you could do and also helps pay for films to both exploit wildlife and advertise the company
Join our service do we can help you beat point creep. While we make content that makes point creep worse so you can give us more money.

I can’t imagine being butthurt because someone has a job that and they choose to spend their money on hunting. Unreal

I can’t imagine being butthurt because someone has a job that and they choose to spend their money on hunting. Unreal
If I remember correctly the owner of Gohunt bought the governors tag for Idaho probably why he is all pissy

I guess I can see it different in my head if it’s personal money vs. company money paying for everything

I guess I can see it different in my head if it’s personal money vs. company money paying for everything
Not trying to be contrarian - but why dont people have that same heartburn for optics/firearms/camo/backpack companies as compared to onx/gohunt?

I wish they wouldnts spend their money on hunts - but im full of shit if i said i wouldnt hunt private if i could afford to without financial sacrifice.

Gohunt was in its infancy then. He came from FU money…not sure why it matters what people spend their money on though.
I’d rather see guys like that buying tags that other entities buying them in the name of “conservation” thanks to people’s donations

Back