Advertisement

Ditching GoHunt

Most the time im chasing odds try for 10 tags at 5% draw odds so I should draw about every other year. I tweak it each year as I get more points so always applying for better units. Try doing that across 9 states without a service such as go hunt
Stupid question - do you notice people odds flopping?

I guess what i mean is - say a unit y has 100 applicants in 2023 and 10 tags.... As compared to 1000 for 5 in other unit x. Do people rush to unit Y because they all see at had better odds?

I haven’t had GoHunt for quite a while, since before they started maps. I’m good with OnX, but also downloaded Spartan Forge just to give it a go.

The lidar stuff is pretty cool. Found a couple water holes, a wallow, and perfect bedding benches in my elk area that I’ve hunted for 5 years and never knew they were there.

Stupid question - do you notice people odds flopping?

I guess what i mean is - say a unit y has 100 applicants in 2023 and 10 tags.... As compared to 1000 for 5 in other unit x. Do people rush to unit Y because they all see at had better odds?
For some yes depending on the tag a lot I don’t look at that more the % trends for drawing

I have seen a few places here and there where there is discrepancy between the boundaries shown on onx and the physically surveyed and marked boundaries on the ground. What causes this?

I have seen a few places here and there where there is discrepancy between the boundaries shown on onx and the physically surveyed and marked boundaries on the ground. What causes this?
I think just some plain ol map updating as normal. And I think this is where OnX is king. Their product is the map while GH provides data including a map. More resources on the map while theirs is spread between the filtering, shop and a map.

My 2 cents….

I have complaints about both. I miss when onX would let you download maps by the section. I pay for onX for the maps when im in the field and I pay for Gohunt strictly for the filtering 2.0 and looking for tags to apply for. I’m also the idiot that pays for it and let’s about 4 other guys use it

I've stayed with OnX since Randy first promoted a startup mapping service back whenever.
I'm a loyal subscriber. If it works, don't fix it. OnX has ALWAYS been 100% with their service.
Gohunt? Meh, a buddy had it, dumped it and returned to OnX. Enough for me. I'm not interested in massive phone action while hunting.
I'll say this though, most I hunt is maybe 2, maybe 3 States at the most. I can do that using the same principle as @Forkyfinder . Excel sheet works fine. Maybe for those such as @Khunter Programs that help juggle many apps - i understand the interest for the best service(s).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jachanzar91
Back