Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ditching GoHunt

I haven’t had GoHunt for quite a while, since before they started maps. I’m good with OnX, but also downloaded Spartan Forge just to give it a go.

The lidar stuff is pretty cool. Found a couple water holes, a wallow, and perfect bedding benches in my elk area that I’ve hunted for 5 years and never knew they were there.
I downloaded Spartan Forge based on your comment. Holy high quality satellite imagry. The Lidar is pretty sweet too. I hope OnX is hot on their trail. I don't need to pay for another app...

I had trouble with GoHunt maps not matching Onx but also not matching very obvious physical property lines that for sure separate public and private and their map doesn't match. Also I've bugged them several time about the fact that their maps don't work with the Apple Magic Mouse. Every time they just say they've gotten use to it in the office. Well it works like garbage, but is flawless on Onx. So I currently pay for both to get draw odds and mapping.

GoHunt has some serious lag for updating your location via maps. It often shows the wrong location then zoooom catches up after a few minutes. I don't use their mapping because of that issue alone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haase677
Back