Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado unit 49

Big daddy

Hey guys. Just wanted to pick everyone’s brain about unit 49 for elk. Hoping I will get some good feedback. I won’t be getting a tag but a good friend of mine has enough points to go check the unit out. It will be his first bull elk hunt and I’m just trying to make sure we at least get into some elk. I know it’s an above average in it in co but I would still love input if you’re willing to share. TIA

It is a unique unit because it’s one of three spots in the state that biologists know of where elk spend more time in the trees than on the ground. A chance at a trophy arboreal elk is worth the points in my opinion. When you get in there and start glassing, make sure not to neglect the tree crowns and upper canopy for antlers. If you get lucky and catch it during the peak rut in early November, you can catch them swinging nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree, bugling like a troop of howler monkeys. Good luck @Big daddy, and I’m sure you’ll be back to let us know how it goes!

lots of recreation in the area, definitely elk on the golf course

Hey guys. Just wanted to pick everyone’s brain about unit 49 for elk. Hoping I will get some good feedback. I won’t be getting a tag but a good friend of mine has enough points to go check the unit out. It will be his first bull elk hunt and I’m just trying to make sure we at least get into some elk. I know it’s an above average in it in co but I would still love input if you’re willing to share. TIA
Hi Big daddy.
You must be referring to the 2025 season, correct? What season and what is the choice of weapon ? Will you be truck/ tent, backpack camping or hotel? What's your experience and conditioning? PM me if you are able.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KsJoey
Back