Biden positive for Covid 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Biden will be replaced and it won’t be by Kamala. No way the dems and media are just throwing him to the wolves without another plan in place. It is all a show. Buckle up!
Who’s dumb enough to risk their political future by getting in front of the Trump train this late in the game. It should be seen by anyone they have been lying for 4 years about Biden.

Who’s dumb enough to risk their political future by getting in front of the Trump train this late in the game. It should be seen by anyone they have been lying for 4 years about Biden.
There is no Trump Train. Populism sounds great, but it doesn’t pay the bills. What is uncomfortable for the democrats is they need to find a candidate that at least cozies up to the Corporate machine. Somehow some of the workers have been convinced that they will benefit.

There is no Trump Train. Populism sounds great, but it doesn’t pay the bills. What is uncomfortable for the democrats is they need to find a candidate that at least cozies up to the Corporate machine. Somehow some of the workers have been convinced that they will benefit.
Seems bills were getting paid much easier before, most of America thinks that way as well, and a growing number of other countries.

You keep harping on the “lying” topic, so apparently honesty is an important attribute in how you judge people. Serious question - do you think Donald Trump is an honest person?

I think you have a much broader definiton of "science" than I do.

Science requires carefull consideration, data, incorporation of peer review, statistics and probablities. The ultimate decision can still be off as science is dynamic, we learn new things all the time.

What you are describing is people who ran with something that was not supported by good science. People with an agenda, or people looking to sell something--often rely on research or claims that do not have broad reviewed support from folks in respective fields.

You are also making the same mistake anti vaxxers make--that if something is perfect and 100 percent accurate, it can't be relied upon at all.

To address just one of your points, I didn't see infectious disease experts saying masks worked to keep you from getting covid--what they were saying was that wearing them helps contain the virus you might be carrying more than not wearing one at all, especially before vaccines were broadly available.

Not perfect--but better than nothing.

They were also saying cheap masks aren't much better than nothing right off the bat, get an N95 mask (which were scarce early on due to slow federal recognition of need under the Trump administration--other countries had a supply faster than we did, even domestic manufacturers had contracts of them overseas before the US finally realized the need). Policy folks--not scientists--took that message a bit too far.

But don't take my word for it, check out this:

Note what they say about a country that had high mask adoption and how their rates of Covid were MUCH less than countries that did not within weeks of initial exposure. And thats while saying their works suggests less than 50 percent effectiveness!

Are they perfect? No, far from it. But again, people that think 100 percent effective is the only measure of worth is why we have so many problems, and that IMO stems from their basic lack of understanding of science.
So much to respond to, so little time. I may have to pass on this one or at least it will be later.

had freezer trucks full of bodies when the morgues were at capacity
Just talked to a buddy where I live yesterday and this exact topic got brought up at lunch. They (not 100% sure who they were - assuming hospital?) rented his freezer truck and it never had a dead body inside it. Also, they kept referring to the morgue being at full capacity. This morgues capacity is 3, it is almost at full capacity.

This is comical telling others they need to get vaxxed to protect you.....who should be living in a bubble......
Not comical, a basic unquestioned truth for 75 years of modern medicine. But somehow we became a hyper-selfish people. And worse, not even hyper selfish because of some burden born by us, but because it offends our political tribe. smh

Every thread on Covid turns out exactly the same. Both sides get whipped up, no one changes their stance on anything and the thread gets locked. So...in before the lock.

Choo Choo SAJ-99

Not comical, a basic unquestioned truth for 75 years of modern medicine. But somehow we became a hyper-selfish people. And worse, not even hyper selfish because of some burden born by us, but because it offends our political tribe. smh
Vaccines were basically unquestioned for 75 years because people thought doctors and drug companies had their best interests at heart. With social media and more information available more people are seeing that $ controls the “science” and it isn’t so much what is best for the individual. Same for the “climate science”. The ones that go against the narrative don’t get funded.

Seems bills were getting paid much easier before, most of America thinks that way as well, and a growing number of other countries.
Yep. Inflation sucks. Populism and populist economic principles (left or right) don’t solve that. It typically would make them worst. There no way to keep jobs in US, make a profit, and keep inflation low. Other than make the working age 10.
Choo Choo SAJ-99

Yeah, Musk is a real working-class guy. Almost feel sorry for people in swing states. $45m buys a lot of bullshit to throw at them.

Vaccines were basically unquestioned for 75 years because people thought doctors and drug companies had their best interests at heart. With social media and more information available more people are seeing that $ controls the “science” and it isn’t so much what is best for the individual. Same for the “climate science”. The ones that go against the narrative don’t get funded.
If I need a medicine/vaccine, I don't care how I "feel" about our medical system. And vaccines are best for almost all individuals and for all the people they should care about. Your doctor, your pastor, your aging parent . . . . .

Populism on the right (Trump and 2024 GOP) and populism on the left (re-branded "progressive") are about a large invasive government carrying out their wishes. The only difference is what they each wish. I don't trust either of these mirror forces to know what is best, or to act in good faith for the broad nation. Populism is a good indicator of when a system isn't working for the people, but a lousy form of government. Argentina is just one of the examples.

Last edited:
Populism on the right (Trump and 2024 GOP) and populism on the left (re-branded "progressive") are about a large invasive government carrying out their wishes. The only difference is what they each wish. I don't trust either of these mirror forces to know what is best, or to act in good faith for the broad nation. Populism is a good indicator of when a system isn't working for the people, but a lousy form of government. Argentina is just one of the examples.
Far left progressives aren't driving the entire Dem party, and they aren't looking to tear down our system of democracty to install a King without as much counter control by congress or even the SCUS. The people controlling the republican party have those goals now.

So big difference.

I will say nominating one of the left leaning progressives would doom the Dem's chances. But I think the push is for more of a centrist. The vast majority of voters want neither Trump or Biden. They sit largely in the middle--not the extremes both parties have migrated towards. There are centrist Dems who would stand a good chance.

Remember, no one knew anything about Carter or Clinton and even Obama solidifed and built support very late in the campaigns. People who are hungry for someone who simply doesn't scare them. It's possible for a relative unknown to win if they pick they right one and rally behind him or her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulcedom
Back