Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Be honest

JFC I take a break from this bullshit, come back to check in and find this. What a bunch of goddamn snowflakes. You chose not to watch the greatest swimmer of all time, an AMERICAN who's been dominant for over a decade, because of an Algerian boxer? Or the greatest female gymnast, also an AMERICAN. Seriously WTF is wrong with you?

this has been HT all summer man. you've missed nothing.

To answer your question @mtmuley. No, not a chance.

while waiting for track and field to start up today, I have watched some swimming, rugby and women;s gymnastics.
I was really impressed with the height that Simon Biles attains on the floor exercise when she does her tumbling runs.
Can't imagine landing from 11 feet up. I think my knees would explode
I watched some of that. She really is amazing. mtmuley

I’m kinda in the boat of wait and see what happens honestly. I also read that the Algerian chick has been beat by a few other ladies. If she goes to gold and the rest of her matches look like this it may be an issue. If some lady stomps her ass in a couple days 🤷‍♂️
Yah I’m waiting for more info before I fall for and kind of rage bait. There are also pics of this Algerian gal as a child and clearly dressed as a little girl.

Plus….. how many trans are Algeria? Not exactly a progressive country.

Either way, that Italian chick was losing no matter who she went against. She was ass.

JFC I take a break from this bullshit, come back to check in and find this. What a bunch of goddamn snowflakes. You chose not to watch the greatest swimmer of all time, an AMERICAN who's been dominant for over a decade, because of an Algerian boxer? Or the greatest female gymnast, also an AMERICAN. Seriously WTF is wrong with you?

edit: When did politics trump patriotism? (see what I did there)
I agree but there are many culture war influencers that are actual stupid people but they have large social media followings and are telling their followers (also actual stupid people) to get outraged about an Algerian boxer and the followers do as their told and get outraged.

Honestly I don’t watch sports at all and could care less other than my wife works in college athletics and competes in power lifting. So she is obviously paying attention so I read up on it so I could actually contribute to the conversation while talking to her if it wasn’t for that I think she should have just junk punched the dude

Just think of this thread as your own personal groundhog day.

Pretty much any thread about any subject will dive deep when certain individuals trigger the decent. mtmuley

I love the Olympics. Opening ceremony was dumb, but not going to let that stop me from enjoying it. Swimming is awesome, but track is king.

We are especially rooting for UW Badger Phoebe Bacon- my daughter got to swim in a relay with her several years ago and she has looked up to her ever since. She has been a great role model to the young girls on our team.

Hoping to attend in-person in 2028 and 2034!

I'd probably watch break dancing...not much different than the pommel really. But I'd say, so far, what has impressed me the most was Ledecky slicing that 50 meter pool pedal down 30 times.
the most impressive win in the olympics i've seen is from Ledecky in the 1500m. top 8 women swimmers in the world and she won by over 10 seconds. incredible.

I have not and won't watch 1 second of the Olympics. I quit when they started to allow professional athletes compete.

This has always been a wierd thing. The Olympics were supposed to be about the competition alone, the individual ability to succeed at a difficult endeavor.

Pro-ball players, skateboarders, snowboarders, etc - that tends to take a lot of the excitement out of those sports for me. I want to see amatuers who are dedicating their life to the sport, to that level of excellency, and who aren't sponsored by a ton of companies.

Same goes for some of the new sports, and the removal of things like wrestling. Wrestling was literally one of the first sports in the Hellenic Olympics, and it's gone. But we have table tennis and pro-athletes serving dunks against Croatians.

The opening ceremony exposed the ignorance and arrogance of Americans. The discussion around the boxing match heightens that.

Hell yeah to @Dubz337 for standing up for human decency and kindness.

To answer your question @mtmuley. No, not a chance.

while waiting for track and field to start up today, I have watched some swimming, rugby and women;s gymnastics.
I was really impressed with the height that Simon Biles attains on the floor exercise when she does her tumbling runs.
Can't imagine landing from 11 feet up. I think my knees would explode
Oh, and the old-school Turkish hand gun silver medalist. love it

GT-oT9hWAAAd8Pt.jpg

Last edited:
I posted it because it seems some in this thread don't want to stay on point about what the OP really asked...I myself have watched tons of the olympics this year and every year it's on, I love it. I was not trying to shame anymore. I guess I didn't need to pile on to the BS some have put in this thread, but did, I apologize if I offended you.
Not offended, just addressing what I assumed was an insinuation that the USA rugby player had anything to do with the discussion previous to you post. Her picture doesn't seem to have anything to do with the OP either so I'm still a little confused.

Unfortunately, that player has already been subject of other discussion elsewhere on her "masculinity" so I assumed you were following suit. It seems that some men that want to protect the sanctity of "real women" also want to mock a "real woman" for not fitting their definition of feminine. Talk about stupid.

You caught me grumpy. Apologies.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back