Caribou Gear

Anyone else been kicked off rocks lied?

You join the cool club because you know it’s cool, get kicked out for behaving like a child, then proceed to tell everyone how uncool it is because your feelings are hurt for getting the boot. I love the internet old curmudgeons here so much.

OP not directed at you, although I see why they banned you. It’s against the rules (and for good reason) for commenting on ones classifieds that their asking price is BS. That’s on the buyer to be aware.

All forums have their good/bad. But the ape like tribal mentality is hilarious here.

You join the cool club because you know it’s cool, get kicked out for behaving like a child, then proceed to tell everyone how uncool it is because your feelings are hurt for getting the boot. I love the internet old curmudgeons here so much.

OP not directed at you, although I see why they banned you. It’s against the rules (and for good reason) for commenting on ones classifieds that their asking price is BS. That’s on the buyer to be aware.

All forums have their good/bad. But the ape like tribal mentality is hilarious here.
Cool story Bro.

What in the world did you get banned for? Comments too short?
I called a bunch of guys on a wolf thread ignorant. Truth hurts I guess. Then I hurt a guy's feelings on an E-bike thread. He happened to be one of Lens minions so I got the boot. Pretty funny actually. Not sure why I can't log on to RS. Probly cause I have an Ultra Mag. mtmuley

Pretty much anything unit specific either gets moderated away or the poster deletes in shame. Anything useful hunting ive either learned or have good resources already via previous posted threads
I have never been on Roc Slide, but I am so tempted to create an account and start asking newbe questions about the Custer, maybe even have two accounts so I can answer my own questions.

And what do RS members say about Hunttalk? Not enough flat brimmers over here, probably.

Pretty much this I suppose:

I just found this site today because I somehow triped over this tread, Hilarious ! I visit there daily along with a few others and I now have a new place here.
I did ask a few weeks back how long it takes to graduate from fng there and oh my god did I open up a can of worms. Anyway this is my first post here. Thanks for the add!

Meh. I like both sites. Classifieds and sheer level of activity of RS draw me to waste more time on that site.

It's a private website and they list very clear rules about threadcrapping classifieds. Free speech isn't the issue - you're welcome to go outside and yell at clouds. Buyers should do due diligence and the market should determine what a fair price is. I regularly score crazy good deals there, and now also do my best to pay it forward when I let things go. Some people bought at the peak and are trying to get their money back, or maybe they just told their wife they would try to sell something but don't really want to :ROFLMAO:

I do appreciate their approach to pseudo-scientific, crowd-sourced testing of equipment.

Obviously Randy and this site are more focused on conservation and active lobbying to protect hunters' rights, but that's hard work and draws less of a crowd than geeking out over new equipment. I generally find both sites to be about as well-moderated as you can ask for (considering they're free to join).

Got kicked off RS for making an "offensive" meme showing a little too much skin of a woman. Over here on HT I saw a meme someone made that was showing way more and there were zero issues. Hell "shoot em from the truck" robby had a shirtless pic on RS that was worse than what I shared.

Content wise I like HT better, appreciate the honesty about conservation. People here also call out the bad apples in the spotlight of our small hunting world, where RS seems to protect them.

Originally joined RS because of the dark website format, it's easier on my eyes.

Cannot log into Accuratereloading for some time now. Sent Saeed an email with problem. No response. MTG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyL
Back