Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Let you in on a little secret--Wall Street has some crooks, the SEC does not regulate things well enough, Congress does not have the will to step in--and you can STILL make good money investing in an age appropriate mix of low cost mutual funds or ETF's. Lots of money if you have time on your side.

aca6c995-9fb1-4515-b3db-a16d7276df98-JackBogle.JPG

Buying creates more buying (and selling creates more selling). Markets over buy and over sell pretty much everything, and all the time. Retail people want this stuff. There is a pre-made list on Schwab of stocks "Active on Social Media" for an hour, a day, and a week.
Entered a meeting as I "voice to text" my first response. Wow! Hah! What a cluster though the basis of my comment, media is a controlled source - From politics to Wall Street. The mob is fickle.
The big boys will "help" media hype memer's pumping up a stock. A massive zeppelin inevitability. Big boys know it will crash back - Few ways to make more money than predictable action/reaction. The last memer surge - dumped and as it dumped, Wall Street shorts piled on top of each other.

1718205883094.png

Entered a meeting as I "voice to text" my first response. Wow! Hah! What a cluster though the basis of my comment, media is a controlled source - From politics to Wall Street. The mob is fickle.
The big boys will "help" media hype memer's pumping up a stock. A massive zeppelin inevitability. Big boys know it will crash back - Few ways to make more money than predictable action/reaction. The last memer surge - dumped and as it dumped, Wall Street shorts piled on top of each other.

View attachment 329444
Well, if there is a cabal that controls the media and it can give me 16% annualized return in a low cost index fund, I celebrate it.

Man, my apple stock has gone nuts the last 2 days. Seems like all you have to do is mention AI in a press release and you get a 10% pop on your stock price.

Well, if there is a cabal that controls the media and it can give me 16% annualized return in a low cost index fund, I celebrate it.
If you don't believe those articles from Motley Fool, MSNBC, Cramer, nor the Political PAC action against Kerry Swiftboat B.S. (as one of far too many examples) has an impact... Well, stay the course. ;)

I can’t do index funds, I’d rather just pick and individual stock in a strong company and dividend reinvest.
That said I do have some vandgaurd index for 25% of my account and a gold etf.

I sold some nvda and bought another share of LLY.

Last edited:
There was a bunch of hype about shorting NVDA after their 10 to 1 split. Turns out they're still killing it! Doing fantastic! Makes me wonder whether I need to throw some dinero their direction.

There was a bunch of hype about shorting NVDA after their 10 to 1 split. Turns out they're still killing it! Doing fantastic! Makes me wonder whether I need to throw some dinero their direction.
At this point I’m not sure I can recommend jumping in, but maybe a nibble? The Qqq could be a good nibble as well to hedge

Anyone have any thoughts on lithium stocks? LAC, ABL, ALTM and many others have taken a beating, certainly electric cars are a bit of a drag, but the global forecast for lithium demand is pretty hard to ignore. Is this potentially "a rising tide lifts all boats" moment, or could alternative technologies sweep in and temper demand?

View attachment 329370
My thoughts on lithium……..

Anyone have any thoughts on lithium stocks? LAC, ABL, ALTM and many others have taken a beating, certainly electric cars are a bit of a drag, but the global forecast for lithium demand is pretty hard to ignore. Is this potentially "a rising tide lifts all boats" moment, or could alternative technologies sweep in and temper demand?

View attachment 329370

One of the penny stocks listed in the article. I thought one sounded familiar.

"Lithium Americas (LAC): Home to the U.S.’s largest lithium deposit with a projected long-term annual EBITDA of $2 billion, Lithium Americas stands out in a rapidly growing market."

If you don't believe those articles from Motley Fool, MSNBC, Cramer, nor the Political PAC action against Kerry Swiftboat B.S. (as one of far too many examples) has an impact... Well, stay the course. ;)
I see one M Fool praising the hell out of Nvidia and later that same day another M Fool saying not to touch it.

I don’t believe Cramer anymore. He’s gone off his own band wagon… I think missing Tesla and a few other has got him trying to predict the next money maker and gotten him away from his own fundamentalist; of which as a young man I applied and have done well at not losing to much money.

"Overall, the thesis is neutral to even bearish in the near-term based on valuation concerns, but upgraded to bullish in the long term. An explicit downgrade/recommendation to be bearish would in any case not be considered, as the stock has historically remained strongly valued."

Seeing NVIDIA price - makes it hard for investing in AMD w/o the article points.

Stocking up on boiled apple cider and toilet paper here.
Hah! 😂

"Higher rates have triggered the longest-ever inversion of the 2-10 Treasury yield curve, the bond market's famous gauge of a coming recession. The indicator, which flashes when the 2-year yield surpasses the 10-year yield, has been a reliable recession signal throughout history, and economists have said that this time likely won't be different."

Recession clouds incoming?

Hah! 😂

"Higher rates have triggered the longest-ever inversion of the 2-10 Treasury yield curve, the bond market's famous gauge of a coming recession. The indicator, which flashes when the 2-year yield surpasses the 10-year yield, has been a reliable recession signal throughout history, and economists have said that this time likely won't be different."

Recession clouds incoming?
From Fidelity.

"While the criteria for determining when a recession occurs is complex, there is no indication that one has arrived. The gross domestic product of the US has actually grown over the last 2 quarters: by 3.3% in Q4 2023 and 1.6% in Q1 2024.

"Stocks are doing well. The S&P 500® Index rose by 24% in 2023 and has continued on its upward trajectory in 2024, rising more than 10% in Q1 2024.

"Though still elevated from its pre-pandemic levels, the rate of inflation most recently dropped to 3.4% in April, down significantly from its peak of 9.1% in June 2022.2 Furthermore, wages have generally been rising faster than inflation since February 2023, which in theory should lessen the impact of rising costs on consumers.

"The unemployment rate is actually near a 50-year low. In May 2024, it rose slightly to 4%, which is well below the average reading of 5.7% since 1950."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrentR
Back