Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

I too grew up poor. I just don't remember anyone caring much. No one cared much about my future. Not sure what change vs today other than social media? I do remember some cuts to a lot public welfare programs and education programs that hurt me specifically. But I can argue from an economic perspective both for and against them. I guess my point is, arguing them on social media isn't valuable. We need to debate real solutions, not who gets the check.
I recall affirmative action racially denying white Americans from certain city, county, State, and federal employment in my young days.

I whined to friends and others who would listen. Did it do anything? Meh, not on an individual level though on the collective scale, Yes.

Normalcy bias is a real bitch I guess…….

Carry on.
This was discussed in a different thread. It appears to be fake news- as in, that particular part of the agreement never existed. I admit I saw it multiple places, so maybe there was something “unwritten”? You can find better news articles on other currencies (yuan) being more frequently held by countries as reserves. I think that is the fear trying to be stoked here.

More pressing is that it appears you’re getting financial advice from a financial advisor in New Delhi, India.

World market affairs are important for U.S. market action.

Other note: while the title plays on the edge with what I'll refer to as the, "Cabal collective syndrome", the article is much more valuable!

It's a great refresher on taking profits while maintaining position.

This was discussed in a different thread. It appears to be fake news- as in, that particular part of the agreement never existed. I admit I saw it multiple places, so maybe there was something “unwritten”? You can find better news articles on other currencies (yuan) being more frequently held by countries as reserves. I think that is the fear trying to be stoked here.

More pressing is that it appears you’re getting financial advice from a financial advisor in New Delhi, India.
Fact check mostly true then, this says basically the same thing on with a little “orange man bad” sprinkled in for its target audience. https://epicenter.wcfia.harvard.edu/blog/deal-keeps-oil-flowing

Also, that financial advisor sold me the best extended warranty for my 78 ford, haven’t had to use it yet but it’s so comforting knowing it’s there if I need it.

Fact check mostly true then, this says basically the same thing on with a little “orange man bad” sprinkled in for its target audience. https://epicenter.wcfia.harvard.edu/blog/deal-keeps-oil-flowing

Also, that financial advisor sold me the best extended warranty for my 78 ford, haven’t had to use it yet but it’s so comforting knowing it’s there if I need it.
Mostly complicated. We imported a lot of oil from SA 50 yrs ago, and SA want USD reserves. Now US is top oil producer and SA has to sell that oil to someone else. Consequently they hold more non-USD reserves. It’s a predictable reaction and not changing the world order in any way. The global economy has lots of moving pieces and nothing ever stays static, regardless if there is a signed agreement or not.

Selling an extended car warranty and explaining the dynamics of the global energy market. Quite the combo.

As for NVDA I have 4 positions and all are currently in the short term gain stage. They are up 130, 178, 135 and 100 percent. The last is "private" money and the other 3 are Roth or rollover IRAs. In the past I sold and regretted it bigly. Was planning on holding through 2025. The $64,000 question is will it drop enough to buy back in at a worthwhile price. OTOH I hate earning the same money more than once. Not sure I'd like to sell 100 shares and end up getting only 110 shares on the buy back in.

As for NVDA I have 4 positions and all are currently in the short term gain stage. They are up 130, 178, 135 and 100 percent. The last is "private" money and the other 3 are Roth or rollover IRAs. In the past I sold and regretted it bigly. Was planning on holding through 2025. The $64,000 question is will it drop enough to buy back in at a worthwhile price. OTOH I hate earning the same money more than once. Not sure I'd like to sell 100 shares and end up getting only 110 shares on the buy back in.
Have you taken your cost base out?

You do realize that investing in an individual stock as flashy as high tech stocks create that issue for you? In other words it's your choice, not the particular stock--that's the problem?

Even buying and holding strategies are risky as individual tech stocks are prone to crashing as a competitor starts to eat them up.

Mutual funds composed of many such stocks ease the problem of them losing as much as they gained--and in a hurry--but don't eliminate it.

Right now my position in FSELX is up 47 percent for the year. It did nearly 70 percent last year. Over the last ten years it only had two down years--but in those it lost 12% (in 18) and 35% in 22. I bought into it early in 23...

I like tech stocks future as tech is rapidly being developed and implemented (like AI) but even in lower than ind. stock funds you have to accept they will lose money--and potentially a lot--at times.

Market timing. That's a winning strategy. If....
fortuneteller-crystal-ball-9509303.jpg.webp

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyL
Back