Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

There was a heavy media attempt to sway people to take $ for short sellers. NVDA marked their place at an affordable price point to collect more investors.
10/1 split is fantastic! Their valuation is far from diluted shares. AI is the new world, the new .com of the market and as of right now NVDA is the public face of the future.

You do realize that investing in an individual stock as flashy as high tech stocks create that issue for you? In other words it's your choice, not the particular stock--that's the problem?

Even buying and holding strategies are risky as individual tech stocks are prone to crashing as a competitor starts to eat them up.

Mutual funds composed of many such stocks ease the problem of them losing as much as they gained--and in a hurry--but don't eliminate it.

Right now my position in FSELX is up 47 percent for the year. It did nearly 70 percent last year. Over the last ten years it only had two down years--but in those it lost 12% (in 18) and 35% in 22. I bought into it early in 23...

I like tech stocks future as tech is rapidly being developed and implemented (like AI) but even in lower than ind. stock funds you have to accept they will lose money--and potentially a lot--at times.
Taking the cost base out is an easy way to play with the houses money

There was a heavy media attempt to sway people to take $ for short sellers. NVDA marked their place at an affordable price point to collect more investors.
10/1 split is fantastic! Their valuation is far from diluted shares. AI is the new world, the new .com of the market and as of right now NVDA is the public face of the future.
I think nvda is just the chipmaker and the real money from AI has yet to be made by the companies that will utilize it

I think nvda is just the chipmaker and the real money from AI has yet to be made by the companies that will utilize it
Chips specifically designed to enable AI advancement - applications.Their proprietary CUDA set the bar others attempt to catch while NVDA expands.

I hold AMD, INTC - hoping they stop trying to play catchup and create their own CUDA. Though NVDA's 10/1 opened 20 shares worth for future potential and it's already a main lead % on my hobby gains.

AI Need the motor to have the best sportscar. The drivers are figuring their place though the public face for AI Stocks? You don't have to "believe me"... simply Google "Best AI Stocks". Don't even need to open the link - the caption says it all. The face as the public see is NVDA regarding AI.

Chips specifically designed to enable AI advancement - applications.Their proprietary CUDA set the bar others attempt to catch while NVDA expands.

I hold AMD, INTC - hoping they stop trying to play catchup and create their own CUDA. Though NVDA's 10/1 opened 20 shares worth for future potential and it's already a main lead % on my hobby gains.

AI Need the motor to have the best sportscar. The drivers are figuring their place though the public face for AI Stocks? You don't have to "believe me"... simply Google "Best AI Stocks". Don't even need to open the link - the caption says it all. The face as the public see is NVDA regarding AI.
K. No need to trying to convince me of something I’m already in… no need to man-splain my dude. Been in nvda since 2015 and sold INTC for it, of which I think is a dinosaur.

You said applications- which is where I think the real money in AI will be- which will be digital application not a physical product.

K. No need to trying to convince me of something I’m already in… no need to man-splain my dude. Been in nvda since 2015 and sold INTC for it, of which I think is a dinosaur.

You said applications- which is where I think the real money in AI will be- which will be digital application not a physical product.
Edit: 2015? .80 stock? I day traded the heck outta that and AMD 2018+. Wish I had your crystal ball to hold it. If you've had it since then... With any clout (qty), you've made your $ and then some! If I held the whopping $3k 350 shares, hell, I'd be sitting pretty on $350k.

Google-splain works for confirming my point. 😉
I'm hoping INTC rebounds. Time will tell.

Edit: 0.80 2015... Been in NVDA since 0.80 a share is beyond huge! A simple hobby amount has you over a few million $$$!

Not bad.

Last edited:
I still struggle with how and where AI is going to generate the profits being baked into some of these stocks. Semi chips are a commodity, always have been. It will just be a matter of time before the competition catches NVDA in product performance, which is why they are trying to integrate it into the software recurring revenue model.

NVDA is like all stocks that rocket straight up. TSLA was the last one I can think of. You end up with two groups of people, defenders and haters. Defenders feel they have won, as it is now a $3T company. Haters look at the chart and say "no way it is worth that". (I consider myself a "skeptic", not full hater :D). I want to hear a coherent, objective argument on a path for profitability for the NVDA (or the entire space) and all the great benefits everyone is going to get that justifies this being $5T in a few years. I don't want to hear buzz words or acronyms or consultant speak. I just need someone to explain it like they are talking to a 12yr old. Every $ NVDA makes is a $ cost to someone else and most are large public companies, so for the market, it's sort of a wash to earnings. Personally, I can defend the ideas of the benefits of AI, but not the speed. Society doesn't move that fast. There is no way we can replace even 10% of the desk jockeys of the world with AI that fast and not create some social turmoil.

Edit: 2015? .80 stock? I day traded the heck outta that and AMD 2018+. Wish I had your crystal ball to hold it. If you've had it since then... With any clout (qty), you've made your $ and then some! If I held the whopping $3k 350 shares, hell, I'd be sitting pretty on $350k.

Google-splain works for confirming my point. 😉
I'm hoping INTC rebounds. Time will tell.

Edit: 0.80 2015... Been in NVDA since 0.80 a share is beyond huge! A simple hobby amount has you over a few million $$$!

Not bad.
It wasn’t .80 cents. I remember around $30 or so. Its ipo was $12.
I do remember AMD being $5, and INTC being around $25.

Last edited:
I still struggle with how and where AI is going to generate the profits being baked into some of these stocks. Semi chips are a commodity, always have been. It will just be a matter of time before the competition catches NVDA in product performance, which is why they are trying to integrate it into the software recurring revenue model.

NVDA is like all stocks that rocket straight up. TSLA was the last one I can think of. You end up with two groups of people, defenders and haters. Defenders feel they have won, as it is now a $3T company. Haters look at the chart and say "no way it is worth that". (I consider myself a "skeptic", not full hater :D). I want to hear a coherent, objective argument on a path for profitability for the NVDA (or the entire space) and all the great benefits everyone is going to get that justifies this being $5T in a few years. I don't want to hear buzz words or acronyms or consultant speak. I just need someone to explain it like they are talking to a 12yr old. Every $ NVDA makes is a $ cost to someone else and most are large public companies, so for the market, it's sort of a wash to earnings. Personally, I can defend the ideas of the benefits of AI, but not the speed. Society doesn't move that fast. There is no way we can replace even 10% of the desk jockeys of the world with AI that fast and not create some social turmoil.
Nvda has a ton of $$$ being thrown at them now it depends on what Jensen can do with it. Maybe he will be like Elon maybe not. I suspect some mergers and acquisitions to be in NVDA future. Taiwan semi? Certainly have the $$ to buy it now.
I personally feel it “valuation” is simply the amount of existing stock and potential value in that. Hard for me to see NVDA having 5trillion in assets- unlike Apple or say MSFT.

It wasn’t .80 cents. I remember around $30 or so. Its ipo was $12.
I do remember AMD being $5, and INTC being around $25.

Thats adjusted… not what the actual price it was trading at. I remember it was almost share for share compared to into

Amazon was selling for well over 1000 in 2015 aswell…

Thats adjusted… not what the actual price it was trading at. I remember it was almost share for share compared to into

Should have went directly to Nvidia. Actual price for NVDA 2015, June 1. Sure it was NVDA? Bit different than $30.
I confuse the heck out of my past plays as well...

Screenshot_20240624-163723.png

Should have went directly to Nvidia. Actual price for NVDA 2015, June 1. Sure it was NVDA? Bit different than $30.
I confuse the heck out of my past plays as well...

View attachment 330721
Maybe with AMD haha which was trading at less than $2 at one point. Could have been later in 2016-2017.( I was associating the stocks I was trading at the time with a timeline of an ex girl friend LOL!)

You may have paid $30, but 1 share was a different percentage of the company because the total share count was different. Price charts have to be adjusted for splits.

You may have paid $30, but 1 share was a different percentage of the company because the total share count was different. Price charts have to be adjusted for splits.
Not using NVDA own historical price site. I'm trying to make sense of it as well. Hell, it was a massive climb!
I thought it was 2016-2020 I played it though so many stocks played... Looks like the fun times with AMD and NVDA were back in '16. Hah!
Amazing how time flies!

Being a non-investor in INTC or NVDA, I can offer this objective viewpoint: NVDA has momentum currently and produces quality chips for cheaper (main production in Taiwan). INTC is not en vogue, produces a decent product at premium cost and is engaged in massive efforts to build up bigger USA facilities.
Once Taiwan is under Chinese protection then the share price will balance.

Not using NVDA own historical price site. I'm trying to make sense of it as well. Hell, it was a massive climb!
I thought it was 2016-2020 I played it though so many stocks played... Looks like the fun times with AMD and NVDA were back in '16. Hah!
Amazing how time flies!
I show $0.82ish. Like I said, that doesn’t mean it ever traded at that price. It means that one share or 1/24,600,000,000 (24.6b shr OS) of the company today was worth that price in mid 2015. Past prices are not always actual trades. They are past prices adjusted to today’s relative value.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyL
Back