Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

The Cabal frothing or bumbling media content?

Regardless, good to know ETF wise to eval re-allocating portfolios to soften % in one sector, increase within another:

I don't follow this thread often, but here I am today.

I've been retired for a few months more than eleven years. For a variety of reasons, I eschewed using a financial advisor. Their high fees are a big reason. Compared to most retirees, I've been heavily invested in individual stocks for the entirety of my retirement. I keep enough liquidity, to avoid getting boxed in for day to day expenses.

The goal when I retired was to have the nest egg last our lifetimes and provide the same standard of living we enjoyed while working. Presently, I'd have to seriously phuck it up, or WIII blows us all up, not to meet that goal. There is a large probability that the money will outlast us significantly.

Everyone has to make choices they can live with. Some share of how we fare in retirement is the luck of the draw, as to when you retire. I caught a wave and rode it. Friends from work who retired a few years before me weathered a serious downturn. A few of them ended up having to take some part time work.

One friend, who used a financial advisor, suffered large losses in the market. He called his advisor and ordered him to sell everything and purchase an annuity. The advisor tried to convince him to hang tough, but he wasn't having it. So, he ended up with an annuity that was 33% smaller than the one he could have taken as a retirement option from the company. I blame him and his advisor. He is one of the more anxious people you are likely to meet, and the market's volatility was a poor match for him. A good advisor should have picked up on it, and he should have told the advisor that, as well.

No one gets it right, every time. It is not certain, but the more time you are in the market, the more likely you will be rewarded for your investments.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vermonthoosier547
Back