MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

I would argue Germany possessed the best technology in WWII other than in atomic bomb research and implementation. Did not end well for them as they ran out of replacement soldiers and supplies.
This made me chuckle. The bomb kinda trumps everything else, I think.

Also, my former employer, discovered fluidized catalytic cracking and put a pilot plant in operation in 1940. That gave the allies a tremendous advantage with the supply of gasoline and aviation fuels.

Lots of infrastructure Ai plays I did last week. Copper, cooling servers, server mfg like broadcom. , ect. All 5 year plays. With Ai, crowdstrike is also great imo. Have 7 stocks ready and waiting for the cpi and fed tomorrow.

Bernie and Liz?
Pick your villain, seems everyone is.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 4.11.18 PM.png

Pick your villain, seems everyone is.

View attachment 329387

Nah. Based on the comments on this thread, they are just trying to finance a sheep hunting addiction.

The lure of "easy money" is a powerful drug.
The easiest money I make is the stuff that automatically goes into low cost index funds every two weeks. The “harder” thing to do is make good money day trading. Sometimes you gotta roll the dice.

I think the main idea is they are "screwing" the big guys. Lately, that is what every con artist sells, right? the message is "You are getting screwed by the man, so send your money and jump on board". Wonder where they got the idea? :unsure:
The news pumped this - as that is what peaks interests. Meme rallied more as news continued to feed their single minded desire. Reality - memer's made $$$ AND every hedge fund short squeezed made more money thanks to memer's news hyped "stick it to the big Market boys!"

Reality - I wonder who is really operating the roller coaster. Not really wondering - after all, it's highly predictable and who likes predictability? Big money boys.

Each huge short seller covered - looking forward and shorting monthly as AMC and GME rose to 300$!

While media pumped the big boys lost $$$, GME and AMC are the most statistically set shares everyone knows will drop at some point.

Massive $ made vs the news implied "losses suffered"... Short a 7$ stock or... Short a $300 stock interval shorts they're more than happy to hold at each short placed along the way up as it pays along the way down.

I have a feeling they may not like volatility though they sure know the present Santa brought them.

My two coppers.

Last edited:
Nah. Based on the comments on this thread, they are just trying to finance a sheep hunting addiction.
I put money into gme to start for that squeeze 3 years ago. When everything got shut off I just let it all sit. Besides the buy button they shut the forum down how wild is that. Since then that company now has 4.1 billion in cash on hand. A ceo that is paid in stock and requires the board to also own stock. It’s had some crazy ass swings that make zero since. I’ve dca down so far I doubt I won’t ever not be green. That last swing I was up enough to pull my profits and pay for a sheep hunt. It’s interesting and I’ll let the money sit because I don’t need it and I find the entire thing entertaining

I put money into gme to start for that squeeze 3 years ago. When everything got shut off I just let it all sit. Besides the buy button they shut the forum down how wild is that. Since then that company now has 4.1 billion in cash on hand. A ceo that is paid in stock and requires the board to also own stock. It’s had some crazy ass swings that make zero since. I’ve dca down so far I doubt I won’t ever not be green. That last swing I was up enough to pull my profits and pay for a sheep hunt. It’s interesting and I’ll let the money sit because I don’t need it and I find the entire thing entertaining
Just make sure uncle Sam gets his cut before you buy that sheep hunt.😉

The news pumped this - as that is what peaks interests. Meme rallied more as news continued to feed their single minded desire. Reality - memer's made $$$ AND every hedge fund short squeezed made more money thanks to memer's news hyped "stick it to the big Market boys!"

Reality - I wonder who is really operating the roller coaster. Not really wondering - after all, it's highly predictable and who likes predictability? Big money boys.

Each huge short seller covered - looking forward and shorting monthly as AMC and GME rose to 300$!

While media pumped the big boys lost $$$, GME and AMC are the most statistically set shares everyone knows will drop at some point.

Massive $ made vs the news implied "losses suffered"... Short a 7$ stock or... Short a $300 stock interval shorts they're more than happy to hold at each short placed along the way up as it pays along the way down.

I have a feeling they may not like volatility though they sure know the present Santa brought them.

My two coppers.
So you are blaming the media? Seems like a stretch to me, but you know I think the media is simply a mirror for society. IIRC from the reddit board, there were plenty of people celebrating the downfall of Melvin Capital (Plotkin eventually closed down then started a new fund so he could reset the high water mark and collect his fees again).

I do agree that the reaction this time was too fast to be retail traders. The algos were doing the buying at cheap and the retailers got the crumbs at end (and all the losses). But that is how it works. The market maker has to make money or the market disappears. And The Kitty made money apparently.

So you are blaming the media? Seems like a stretch to me, but you know I think the media is simply a mirror for society. IIRC from the reddit board, there were plenty of people celebrating the downfall of Melvin Capital (Plotkin eventually closed down then started a new fund so he could reset the high water mark and collect his fees again).

I do agree that the reaction this time was too fast to be retail traders. The algos were doing the buying at cheap and the retailers got the crumbs at end (and all the losses). But that is how it works. The market maker has to make money or the market disappears. And The Kitty made money apparently.
No sir, the media believes they are the lens and compass...the fourth estate.

No. You missed my point I wonder who's actually controlling the roller coaster whoever controls the roller coasters the one using the media and using the mime people to promote stocks that will definitely go down to go up... It's a great buy to simply short a stock incrementally as it goes up cuz inevitably it will go down for companies such as AMC and GME

Anyone have any thoughts on lithium stocks? LAC, ABL, ALTM and many others have taken a beating, certainly electric cars are a bit of a drag, but the global forecast for lithium demand is pretty hard to ignore. Is this potentially "a rising tide lifts all boats" moment, or could alternative technologies sweep in and temper demand?

View attachment 329370
I wouldn't. I am looking at several new products where the trend towards lithium batteries is strong that are not using lithium. We just had someone get horribly burned servicing an EV charging station not far away. I think other metal battery technology is starting to improve.

Tech is liking the news this morning or at least people buying tech.
If I had the nerve and risk tolerance FSELX would be an even bigger play in my portfolio. Too close to needing the money, so that is the one position we have been moving money out of to avoid having too much in it. Sure is flashy, but up 44 percent this year and up 60 over the last year. No load with low for the style fees too.

I think the main idea is they are "screwing" the big guys. Lately, that is what every con artist sells, right? the message is "You are getting screwed by the man, so send your money and jump on board". Wonder where they got the idea?
Good old Phineas Taylor...

pt-barnum-crop.jpg

No sir, the media believes they are the lens and compass...the fourth estate.
That is scary. I'm sure AI will fix all of this. Once the robots figure out people only want real, factual news and not crazy conspiracy BS it will all get back to normal, like the eras of Walter Cronkite and Tom Brokaw. I can't wait.

You missed my point I wonder who's actually controlling the roller coaster whoever controls the roller coasters the one using the media and using the mime people to promote stocks that will definitely go down to go up..
There is no Wall Street cabal controlling things. Kitty posted a meme, the algorithms saw the meme and an accompanied spike a volume in GME so they bought too. Buying creates more buying (and selling creates more selling). Markets over buy and over sell pretty much everything, and all the time. Retail people want this stuff. There is a pre-made list on Schwab of stocks "Active on Social Media" for an hour, a day, and a week.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vermonthoosier547
Back