Caribou Gear Tarp

4 year olds with guns

This one's going straight for a breaks sheep tag.. 9 last month.
29990_1314587663748_3479248_n.jpg

7527_1153062345716_4800503_n.jpg

7527_1153062225713_6305916_n.jpg

Last edited:
This one's going straight for a breaks sheep tag.. 9 last month.
29990_1314587663748_3479248_n.jpg

I know you are probably being sarcastic but, if I was lucky enough to have a little girl like that, she would very likely be shooting some kind of deer with me this year as a 9 year old. Then, with in a year or two she would be like my friends daughter, a well seasoned,experienced little hunter. I have watched him have more fun, and really quality time, with his daughter than most guys will get in a lifetime because he always has her in the woods with him. He does not see her as competition, he sees her as a deluxe hunting partner. I am here to tell you, that any game that steps up for her is in serious trouble. Safety? I personally find these little hunters to all be as safe as the parents. Here are a couple pictures of her from this season. She is now eleven years and has quite the success with deer. Elk or antelope would be no different I am sure. The buck was a muzzle loader the doe with her bow.

Attachments

• 0930121341a.jpg
    0930121341a.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 279
  • wiley gross.jpg
    wiley gross.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 278
Love it twodot and I couldn't agree more. Thanks for posting that perspective! I just love looking at that little girl holding up that varmint in Greenhorn's post!!!

Interesting the game wardens and hunter ed instructors are aganist this bill.

I find it odd that guys don't think it's worthy to go through a hunter safety program and pass a test. I'll also say the hunter ed instructors my boy had last fall, one was a warden - were absolutely outstanding. Volunteered time as well.

Yeah, if this passes - my daughter will be out putting the hammer down with a smile and applying for moose, sheep and goat, etc. I still don't think it's quite right.

Although not nearly as bizarre the new bills (8 of them) I saw in the MSA email that went out today. Where to these guys think this crap up?

Greenhorn, you are blessed with some off the chart beautiful kids that is for sure.
I guess my final point is that there are lots of really capable very young people out there. I am not, against hunter's ed. in fact I taught it for years. My feeling is that no matter how good a course is, the student is truly taught safety, law and ethics by the people who are taking them afield. They will in almost every case do as their family group does, good or bad. I am also of an opinion that about age 7-11 is the most critical time to teach life lessons and build relationship with children. Girls and fathers even more so. If you, "still don't think it's quite right" by all means don't do it. Keep on doing exactly what you are in teaching her gun handling etc. and she will for sure let you know when she is ready to go after real game. Betcha you both get the urge long before she turns 12 and will be glad that the state has seen clear to let you decide when is right for you.

Last edited:
If everyone is worried about additional pressure on the special permits...why not amend said bill make it 12 yrs. of age, and have a hunters ed. course to apply for special permits... wait a minute...that is way to easy......

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oez88
Back