4 year olds with guns

My son was ready to hunt at age 5, and I missed 7 years that I can not replace... he did accompany me, but when a kid can hunt it's a whole different experience....for the child and parent.

Last edited by a moderator:
How difficult can this be.... make it so that kids can hunt w/ a parent/guardian at any age deemed by the parent....but still keep Hunter's Ed. MANDATORY @ age 12...... so if they want to hunt after age 11 they must have a Hunter's Ed. card....there, was that really so tough?
My son was ready to hunt at age 5, and I missed 7 years that I can not replace... he did accompany me, but when a kid can hunt it's a whole different experience....for the child and parent.

Well, not calling BS by any means, but my five year old has an attention span of about 30 seconds.;) Now my 7 yr old on the other hand has it figured out but still would have no comfort in letting him shoot at anything big game wise at this point. A couple years, I think he will be ready....

The young one, he might not be ready at 12:);)

How difficult can this be.... make it so that kids can hunt w/ a parent/guardian at any age deemed by the parent....but still keep Hunter's Ed. MANDATORY @ age 12...... so if they want to hunt after age 11 they must have a Hunter's Ed. card....there, was that really so tough?

Eric, I totally agree with you on this. If people are so concerned about parent's poaching on their kid's tags, let the parent's tag go on the youth's kill until he is 12 and has taken hunter safety. I'd gladly use my tag on an animal my child shot to be able to have them hunt with me before the age of 12.

My 10 year old daughter might not be quite ready this year, but I can guarentee you my eight year old son would be able to get it done. My six year old son won't be ready for a couple of years. I think I should be the one to decide when they are ready, not a bunch of grumpy old codgers. :)

My 10 year old daughter might not be quite ready this year, but I can guarentee you my eight year old son would be able to get it done. My six year old son won't be ready for a couple of years. I think I should be the one to decide when they are ready, not a bunch of grumpy old codgers. :)

Exactly!
One parent and non parental minded people demanding another parent raise their children the same... Their way is 'right' thus you too must do the same... Is flat out wrong.

Not all parents make smart decisions.

Not all adults should be parents.

You need a license to hunt and you don't need one to be a parent.

You need a license to hunt and you don't need one to be a parent.

Maybe we should have a social contract. No sex unless you are able to support and properly raise kids. :)

Maybe we should have a social contract. No sex unless you are able to support and properly raise kids. :)

It sounds like even if you meet said criteria, your neighbors don't trust you.

You know Gerald, you have made a social contract, ''We'' know whats best for all the little Martins.;)

Last edited:
your neighbors don't trust you

Would you like to live next door to these little "Martian" terrors?

The squirrels go through life looking over their shoulders around here.:)

Attachments

• summer MT2012 (79).jpg
    summer MT2012 (79).jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 81
Just an observation, but some of the kids in my daughters HE class didn't seem very serious about the situation. Some of the parents less so. Made me wonder why they were even there. And nevous about what may happen if they could get started any earlier. mtmuley

Would you like to live next door to these little "Martian" terrors?

The squirrels go through life looking over their shoulders around here.:)

I don't believe you need a license to hunt those in MT. If you feel they need to kill something I think you can go blast gophers, rabbits, coyotes, etc.

I don't believe you need a license to hunt those in MT. If you feel they need to kill something I think you can go blast gophers, rabbits, coyotes, etc.

Is that why we all hunt, because we need to kill something?

"Is that why we all hunt, because we need to kill something?" Nope Gerald, at least not for me. That's why it escapes me that we need to have kids kill earlier and earlier. mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oez88
Back