Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2024 Colorado Draw Results Thread

Well, I didn't draw a deer tag. I knew I had about a 50/50 chance with 2 points so that means I should be just about guaranteed next year.

The cool news is that I got a buck pronghorn tag in the same unit that my wife got a doe pronghorn tag. This will be the first time that we get to hunt for the same animals at the same time. Crazy to think about!!!

My CO deer strategy is going to shift to lower point archery tags. I've just been banking points wanting a rut hunt or an early high country rifle. I'll get my rut hunt this year, then go with archery tags in CO if I try to draw again.
Same for me

Anyone got an email on the LPP draw? I didn’t have any points so it was a long shot for me this year but not sure how the whole process works. The website says results will be emailed beginning of June but all the other results are already out so curious when I’ll get the unsuccessful email to go with all the others.

Ha, yeah I’d love to but I’m gonna be very pressed for time and weighed down with a bull and a buck if all goes well. It would be a great time. You gonna try? I do definitely want to get back there, and soon.
Maybe next year but I might bail and archery 76 or use my wy 9 points 1st with someone who has only one or two from the east to help drive out. If I did either I would grab a Antelope doe tag to hunt on way there or back. I once did that for a hunt in AZ. For most people a days drive is not on the way to hunt for 3 hours.

Maybe next year but I might bail and archery 76 or use my wy 9 points 1st with someone who has only one or two from the east to help drive out. If I did either I would grab an Antelope doe tag to hunt on way there or back. I once did that for a hunt in AZ. For most people a days drive is not on the way to hunt for 3 hours.
That’s not how Colorado points work. Colorado party app you would end up with the lowest persons residency status and lowest persons points.

Ie… non resident 5pp and a resident 1pp. You would be in the draw as a non resident with 1pp.

That’s not how Colorado points work. Colorado party app you would end up with the lowest persons residency status and lowest persons points.

Ie… non resident 5pp and a resident 1pp. You would be in the draw as a non resident with 1pp.
He’s mixing and matching potential for a WY combo into the conversation, we have some shared history on a WY antelope unit.

**New to This and Eager to Learn**

I had an unsuccessful draw for Elk (Cow) and Mule Deer (Buck). I did not want to use my PP so I put my codes in for PP as a 1st Choice and then the Codes for the Cow Elk and Mule Deer as my 2nd choices. We had a large group of hunters complete similar but separate applications. None of us were successful. Based on some research we thought the Cow tags were near a sure bet. What can we learn from this? We can't image many applicants dumped points for a Cow Tag. Could this lead us to believe that Tag Allocations reduced or Applicants Increased?

Good Luck to all of those who drew their tags!

- We are all still excited to get out there now we have to rely on Plans B thru Z to obtain other tags -

I had an unsuccessful draw for Elk (Cow) and Mule Deer (Buck). I did not want to use my PP so I put my codes in for PP as a 1st Choice and then the Codes for the Cow Elk and Mule Deer as my 2nd choices. We had a large group of hunters complete similar but separate applications. None of us were successful. Based on some research we thought the Cow tags were near a sure bet. What can we learn from this? We can't image many applicants dumped points for a Cow Tag. Could this lead us to believe that Tag Allocations reduced or Applicants Increased?

- We are all still excited to get out there now we have to rely on Plans B thru Z to obtain other tags -
Not 100% positive in Colorado, but in most states if you put PP as your 1st choice then that's what you get and it doesn't go to your second choice. You would need to apply for a tag that you know that you don't have the points to draw as your first choice then the cow tag as your second choice. You would still get the preference point as you wouldn't draw the first choice and then you would have a chance at the cow tag with your second choice. I think putting PP as your first choice threw you out of the chance on the second choice.

I burnt my elk points on EE033O1M. Muzzleloader hunt in the Flat Tops. I'll be doing a drop camp this time with 3 other friends. Looking forward to the experience. It will be the first time on a horse since I was a kid. Looking forward to a new experience and seeing some new country. I hear there are a lot of elk in there, but also a lot of hunters. I'm hopeful we get on some. Still looking for my first bull elk.

Last edited:
Not 100% positive in Colorado, but in most states if you put PP as your 1st choice then that's what you get and it doesn't go to your second choice. You would need to apply for a tag that you know that you don't have the points to draw as your first choice then the cow tag as your second choice. You would still get the preference point as you wouldn't draw the first choice and then you would have a chance at the cow tag with your second choice. I think putting PP as your first choice threw you out of the chance on the second choice.
A CO resident. I put in for PP for Elk and Deer as 1st choices this year. Drew a 2nd rifle deer (antlered) and a 4th rifle elk (either sex) from my second choices.

A CO resident. I put in for PP for Elk and Deer as 1st choices this year. Drew a 2nd rifle deer (antlered) and a 4th rifle elk (either sex) from my second choices.
Since Colorado is a 100% preference point state it would be easy to make sure you didn't draw your first choice so I guess they do allow the first choice to be a point. Most states don't. Congrats on drawing 2nd choice. Evidently dmac2444's cow tag wasn't a sure thing this year as a 2nd choice tag.

Pm me the tags you applied for and I can walk you through the stats on why you didn’t draw. Or you can look up the draw statistics by googling “CPW deer stats” and “CPW elk stats” and then click on 2024 draw statistics.

You will need ten posts before you can pm but happy to help if you’re interested. I can pm you my number as well.

I had no idea tarantulas were anywhere in the United states. I always thought they were in South and Central America in the jungle.

I'm not really scared of spiders or snakes but tarantulas are creepy!

1000005337.jpg

Always fun in the middle of a pronghorn stalk when you snuggle up to one of these.

Edit: I see others beat me to it, that's what I get for not reading all the posts first 😃

Last edited:
I burnt my elk points on EE033O1M. Muzzleloader hunt in the Flat Tops. I'll be doing a drop camp this time with 3 other friends. Looking forward to the experience. It will be the first time on a horse since I was a kid. Looking forward to a new experience and seeing some new country. I hear there are a lot of elk in there, but also a lot of hunters. I'm hopeful we get on some. Still looking for my first bull elk.
Good luck on your hunt and hope you get your bull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrestonThayne
Back