2024 Colorado Draw Results Thread

It’s usually within a week of the draw.
Thanks for that. I see the odds are now available. Interesting to see the elk unit I am looking at only jumped about .5 of a point. Next year I will have 2 more points than it took to draw this year. I'm really surprised the point creep wasn't more with the R / NR split changes. Edit - looking at other units the creep was much higher.

Last edited:
After looking at the draw odds, I didn’t get as lucky as I thought I would have to in order to draw the tag I got. Odds only dropped 13% YOY at my point level. Thought it would be worse.

cant forget that 75/25 may have kicked some of you guys in the nads.

It’ll be interesting to see the draw recap

After looking at the draw odds, I didn’t get as lucky as I thought I would have to in order to draw the tag I got. Odds only dropped 13% YOY at my point level. Thought it would be worse.

The unit I drew went from an 8 point unit last year, to an 11 point unit this year. I figured with the tag allotment changes and pending season date changes there would be some creep. I didn't expect it to be that bad.

The unit I drew went from an 8 point unit last year, to an 11 point unit this year. I figured with the tag allotment changes and pending season date changes there would be some creep. I didn't expect it to be that bad.
I drew with 2 points. I guess it makes sense that higher demand tags would see more creep than lower tier tags.

2-3 points of creep across the board on decent mid point level 3rd rifle deer hunts I have been eyeing. Seems likes a waste of time at this point, can’t catch it if it’s moving that fast

My CO deer strategy is going to shift to lower point archery tags. I've just been banking points wanting a rut hunt or an early high country rifle. I'll get my rut hunt this year, then go with archery tags in CO if I try to draw again.

Yes. Down here in the SE corner they migrate
They're fairly benign, relative to the creepy crawlies y'all have back in the Deep South.

I had no idea tarantulas were anywhere in the United states. I always thought they were in South and Central America in the jungle.

I'm not really scared of spiders or snakes but tarantulas are creepy!

My CO deer strategy is going to shift to lower point archery tags. I've just been banking points wanting a rut hunt or an early high country rifle. I'll get my rut hunt this year, then go with archery tags in CO if I try to draw again.
About the same plan for me. Archery and muzzleloader tags going forward. I haven’t been in the Colorado system but a few years. More interested in just going every other year or so than building points for anything but antelope.

Between elk and antelope I have a combined 5 decades (plus) of points. Pretty stupid I didn’t use my elk points this year… would have drawn 🤦🏻‍♂️

Pretty stupid I havn’t used my antelope points too… could have drawn any of the past 5-10 years… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Stupid is as stupid does.

I had no idea tarantulas were anywhere in the United states. I always thought they were in South and Central America in the jungle.

I'm not really scared of spiders or snakes but tarantulas are creepy!
1717118066145.png
Ran into this one on a hunt in New Mexico. Cushman is right— they’ve got enough of them in his neighborhood that people drive from all around the country to see their migration, which is in reality just their breeding season.

Unbeknownst to me when I drew the tag, it also coincides with pronghorn muzzleloader season.

Advertisement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Winchester94
Back