Caribou Gear

2024 Colorado Draw Results Thread

I got deer and bear archery tags so now it’s time to make plans! Plan A will be to go shoot a 183 7/8” fuzzy horned brute early in the hunt, then spend a few days hanging around the gut pile and killing a giant boar.
I say if you’re going to have a plan, might as well make it a great one!
I tried to have the same plan but missed out on the bear tag!

I *maybe* had enough points for my chosen tag, but didn't draw. I'll be curious to see if I was even in the running once the odds report comes out.

Added a deer point and got a 3rd choice license for my back pocket. Should be able to combine with my chosen elk unit if I draw that too, which would make for a hectic and fun trip west.

Must definitely be some point creep this year. I got a point and I had more than a point more than I needed last year. Thats pretty disappointing.

that was an early rifle tag right?

those rather nice dates not overlapping with muzzleloader maybe wasn't the secret many were anticipating it to be.

Must definitely be some point creep this year. I got a point and I had more than a point more than I needed last year. Thats pretty disappointing.
That is my experience. Last year, dozens of people with 0 points drew a specific tag I put in for year after year. I went in with 1 point and didn’t draw. I am interested to see if it is due to more applications or less permits. Regardless, I’ll get an elk tag and will go hunting!

I feel ya man! Me and my hunting buddy got a point as well and we were definitely expecting to be hunting deer this fall. On to plan b...

I was hoping to pick up a second choice tag. My first choice was a hunt that point creep took away from me 3 years ago. I just use it as a default now as last year it took 8 points.

I drew it with 6, so not all hunts creeped, this one fell. I can’t see any reason why besides maybe enough folks burned points the last few years and some units are resetting.

Back