PEAX Equipment

WWYD - 300 WBY

Its triggering my working up a load for 300wby PTSD, so I don't have much to add until I have a drink to calm my nerves.

I wouldn't be happy with either of those, but I guess it depends on the range you intend to shoot. The one I loaded for shot like that to start, but I got it much better with some experimentation. Do you have a chrono? I'd want to see those numbers before I burned up any more components.

Its triggering my working up a load for 300wby PTSD, so I don't have much to add until I have a drink to calm my nerves.

I wouldn't be happy with either of those, but I guess it depends on the range you intend to shoot. The one I loaded for shot like that to start, but I got it much better with some experimentation. Do you have a chrono? I'd want to see those numbers before I burned up any more components.
Not much info to go on for sure. mtmuley

I don’t but if I had to guess they’re around 3100 FPS. But that’s basing it on Nosler chart, which probably means nothing.

Yet another item on my wishlist.

I have a rifle that hates Fed 210s, but loves CCI 200s. Only rifle that’s ever seemed to care.

Different brass can have different case capacities, which can effect charge weights. Neck tension can also be effected by changing brass.

Small things can make big differences

I don’t but if I had to guess they’re around 3100 FPS. But that’s basing it on Nosler chart, which probably means nothing.

Yet another item on my wishlist.
What powder (I'm guessing H1000) and brass? Are you full length sizing or shoulder bumping and how much? How far off the lands?

Last edited:
Based off those 2 groups, none of them seem like fliers.

That combo just doesn't seem to shoot well or you were having an off day.

Based off those 2 groups, none of them seem like fliers.

That combo just doesn't seem to shoot well or you were having an off day.
The bottom group that has the one way down low was a flyer. I marked it because it was one I had to pull the bullet from. I was suspicious so I marked it, it shot it anyway.

Back